Portfolio/Multi-Topic (BIG BRAIN SUGGESTION AHEAD!!1!) Just make 1.5 already

HEY EVERY !

Terrarian
HERE'S THE BEST SUGGESTION EVER POSSIBLE...

THE MOST BIG BRAIN THING TO EVER COME OUT OF SOMEONE'S MOUTH...

WHAT ABOUT IF...

WE JUST HAVE FRIBKIN 1.5 ALREADY

Pros:
  • Major update!!! would no longer have to false advertise the last "small" updates as "sMa4lL" updaets
  • multiple of 5, pretty epik
  • MAJOR UPDATE!1 we can fit much more insi3d!!1i! bosses, biomes, mechanics, ONLY CTHULHU ITSELF KNOWS WHAT ELSE
  • can ga3ther as mane3y ide4s from your wond3rfull fanba3s (ok maybe not all of them...) so much th4t would n3ver 3v3r haev 2 listen too them evre 4ga3in!!!!1ii1! (kiddein of course feedback is always important for the healthy development of any software)
  • Have i mentioned yet that it would be a MaJoRuPdAe3T7?????
  • ther might be more pros but nothin else come to mind 4 now, so be sure 2 leaf all yor wonderful ide4s
  • MAYOR UPTODATE!!1! CAN FINISH TH3 GA3M IN A B!G B4NG
*. *. *. *. *. * * * * *
*. *. *. *. *. *. *. *. * * * * * *
*. *. *. .*. *. *. *. * * * * * * *
*. *. *. .* *. *. *. *. * * * * * *
*. *. .*. .*. *. *. * * * * *
.* *. *. .*. .*. *. *. *. . . . .
.*. .*. .*. .*. .*. . . . . . \ / \ / \ / \ / \ /
. . . . \ / firewo \ /
/ \ rks.ascii / \
/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \
combusted into flames, like anything from outer space that touches our atmosphere as once free of everything they're now subject to the forces of reality
Cons:

• Will take longer. months, years, who knows? (WORTH IT)
  • wow look that's all for the cons, i guess the pros clearly outweight the cons

Some ideas that could be added on 1.5:
  • Add suggestions that were left out of 1.4.5, like the counterpart for the hallow biome similar to how the crimson and corruption are counterparts (wait would this mean that there would also be counterparts for QS and empress?? talking about empress an evil counterpart for her would be s1ick).
  • Personal idea, but i think i'm far from the only one when i say that mastermode feels very lazy, while expert brought new attack patterns and changes for bosses and even some enemies, all mastermode did was slide the stats up, this doesn't really make master much more challenging, but just more frustrating. I guess that it would make sense for the master difficulty to test the players rather than bring new challenges, but i still think that what i previously mentioned still stands, still would be better (and more fun) if master brought new stuff to the table in a similar fashion to expert (besides the vanity drops), and this would be the perfect opportunity to make this into a reality. Also i know that legendary mode already changes the bosses, but it seems to be less of a serious difficulty made fo fun (well fun only for the ones making it) considering how weird most of the changes are and also how griefy some of them are (like prime's bombs destroying tiles).
  • still in the topic of overhauling mastermode, since its exclusive drops are purely cosmetic (except for the mounts, but they're still mostly cosmetic or don't have as much combat practicality as the expert acessory drops), maybe there could be even more mastermode drops, since expert had acessories, mastermode could have weapons, and inspired on calamity revengeace drops (until they ruined it...) they could be some sort of rare weapons, that could incentivise farming bosses in this difficulty, and feel more special, as they should.
  • !! ENDGAME CONTENT !! real shame that once we get to the endgame we got nothing of new to use our amazing godlike gear on, and no wonder why it's one of the most requested suggestions for the game EVER. I think the obvious first would be a boss rush, every game (with bosses) seems to have one, it would be very hard to pull off considering that the early bosses would need more than solely stat scaling to be able to stand a chance against us in endgame, so we could really get some new variants for them, i imagine variants themed around the solar fragments, like a solar skeletron, vortex QB with many new tricks up to the table...
  • Overhauling aspects of the game, can't really think of many things in the game that need to be overhauled, i think that it'd be better to just straight up move to the sequel in a better engine to overhaul everything. But there are some suggestions i have:
    • S.D.M.G. is boring as manure, while all of the other post-ml drops being an absolute treat to the eyes (as they should), it falls shamefully flat compared to them being just a very fast gun (guess that it makes sense considering the game it came from, starbound is still a far better space themed terraria clone to crossover with heheheh3h3h3ah4ha);
    • Ranger itself is the most boring class to play with in my opinion, the weapons and attacks are just guns and bullets, with rarely any variety and eyetreats, compared to magical swords, spells and minions they fall really flat on their faces. and ammo consumption is a really boring exclusive mechanic for the class compared to melee speed and mana from the other classes, it has no use in combat as long as we remain loaded which isn't that hard. My idea is an ammo and reloading mechanic, which would make the class feel more dynamic and fun to play, also different weapons would have different ammo capacities and reloading speed, making them even more unique, thus giving the class more variety, and still about variety obviously making the different kinds of weapons and ammo bring more to the table, like idk luminite bullets teleporting through space to hit the same target again multiple times;
    • add more variety for weapons, like maces, minions and sentries, despite the many updates summoner received lately i think there's still a lack of variety for these weapon types, and there are some events where summoners get nothing from besides all-classes goods.
  • More crossovers :DDDD gotta catch em all :DDDDDDDD THE MERRIER THE BETTIER ::::dDDDDDADSD)))0 the game should have enough crossovers already, so this one is more of a joke suggestion. but still there are crossovers i think would be legendary, there are so many franchises i think would bring a lot of cool content to the game, like plants vs zombies (could help on the lack of sentry content problem), undertale/deltarune, hollow knight (in case they can be arranged), and maybe we can finally get a big minecraft crossover since those two games have been compared with each other for so long through history. i also think that the don't starve crossover could go for some more content on both sides, really expected to get a terraria npc as character in don't starve together :((
I think that's all i can think of for now, i'm thinking about updating this post adding some doodles of my concepts and anything else i can think of in the future, i have some really cool ideas, for anyone reading feel free to brainstorm your own ideas here too, you don't have to limit your creativities. also i'm tired... life is calling

Last edited:
this went from a joke suggestion to something actually serious so fast that not even the high-speed racing game music i was listening to could keep up

you have my respect, hats off

Add suggestions that were left out of 1.4.5, like the counterpart for the hallow biome similar to how the crimson and corruption are counterparts (wait would this mean that there would also be counterparts for QS and empress?? talking about empress an evil counterpart for her would be s1ick).
I still don't know if I think the Hallow needs a counterpart. It works just fine as a standalone thing, the third part of the triangle. But I guess I'd have to see how a Hallow counterpart actually feels in-game to make a decision like that.
Personal idea, but i think i'm far from the only one when i say that mastermode feels very lazy, while expert brought new attack patterns and changes for bosses and even some enemies, all mastermode did was slide the stats up, this doesn't really make master much more challenging, but just more frustrating. I guess that it would make sense for the master difficulty to test the players rather than bring new challenges, but i still think that what i previously mentioned still stands, still would be better (and more fun) if master brought new stuff to the table in a similar fashion to expert (besides the vanity drops), and this would be the perfect opportunity to make this into a reality. Also i know that legendary mode already changes the bosses, but it seems to be less of a serious difficulty made fo fun (well fun only for the ones making it) considering how weird most of the changes are and also how griefy some of them are (like prime's bombs destroying tiles).
Big agree. I feel basically the exact same way. I think that Master Mode deserves more than just a numbers increase, because you don't actually have to play any differently between Expert and Master, you just get punished harder for mistakes. Most bosses in Expert Mode have new attacks and patterns but those only happen at certain parts of the fight, so maybe Master Mode could add one passive mechanic to each bosses to make them more difficult and interesting the whole time?
still in the topic of overhauling mastermode, since its exclusive drops are purely cosmetic (except for the mounts, but they're still mostly cosmetic or don't have as much combat practicality as the expert acessory drops), maybe there could be even more mastermode drops, since expert had acessories, mastermode could have weapons, and inspired on calamity revengeace drops (until they ruined it...) they could be some sort of rare weapons, that could incentivise farming bosses in this difficulty, and feel more special, as they should.
I don't agree with this part, though. I think Master Mode drops are better off being cosmetic. This helps to not gate people out of content if they don't want to play on really high difficulties.
!! ENDGAME CONTENT !! real shame that once we get to the endgame we got nothing of new to use our amazing godlike gear on, and no wonder why it's one of the most requested suggestions for the game EVER. I think the obvious first would be a boss rush, every game (with bosses) seems to have one, it would be very hard to pull off considering that the early bosses would need more than solely stat scaling to be able to stand a chance against us in endgame, so we could really get some new variants for them, i imagine variants themed around the solar fragments, like a solar skeletron, vortex QB with many new tricks up to the table...
This feels really modded. There isn't anything like "Solar Skeletron" in the game right now, and it would feel very out of place. Especially because the Moon Lord and the other enemies in the event are supposed to feel like they're unlike the regular enemies of the world, so adding in an alien version of the normal bosses would just cheapen that experience. I wouldn't be against a boss rush mode, but I think it would have to be handled as a separate challenge instead of just an endgame thing.
  • S.D.M.G. is boring as manure, while all of the other post-ml drops being an absolute treat to the eyes (as they should), it falls shamefully flat compared to them being just a very fast gun (guess that it makes sense considering the game it came from, starbound is still a far better space themed terraria clone to crossover with heheheh3h3h3ah4ha);
S.D.M.G. could use some visual love, but I don't think a full rework is in order. It's very, very effective. Also, let's not get into the "this game is better than that game." That's not what this forum is about.
  • Ranger itself is the most boring class to play with in my opinion, the weapons and attacks are just guns and bullets, with rarely any variety and eyetreats, compared to magical swords, spells and minions they fall really flat on their faces. and ammo consumption is a really boring exclusive mechanic for the class compared to melee speed and mana from the other classes, it has no use in combat as long as we remain loaded which isn't that hard. My idea is an ammo and reloading mechanic, which would make the class feel more dynamic and fun to play, also different weapons would have different ammo capacities and reloading speed, making them even more unique, thus giving the class more variety, and still about variety obviously making the different kinds of weapons and ammo bring more to the table, like idk luminite bullets teleporting through space to hit the same target again multiple times;
I don't agree with this. Plenty of Ranger weapons are very interesting and fun. Daedalus Stormbow, Pewmatic Horn, Hellwing Bow, Eventide, Xenopopper... the list goes on. I don't see ammo consumption as a limiting factor, I see it as a way to add even more variety to the class. There are so many different types of ammo to use. But tell me more about this "ammo and reloading" mechanic, because I don't know what you mean by that.
  • add more variety for weapons, like maces, minions and sentries, despite the many updates summoner received lately i think there's still a lack of variety for these weapon types, and there are some events where summoners get nothing from besides all-classes goods.
Summoner actually has a very wide variety of weapons, in my opinion. Most minions don't act the same at all. Even in pre-Hardmode, when the minions are the simplest, the only ones that act really similarly to each other are the Imp Staff and the Hornet Staff, and even then their projectiles have very different properties. Sentries, sure, a lot of them just fire projectiles and don't do much else, but there are still a few that are pretty different. And I don't know what you mean when you say "more variety for maces," because maces are just one type of Melee weapon.
  • More crossovers :DDDD gotta catch em all :DDDDDDDD THE MERRIER THE BETTIER ::::dDDDDDADSD)))0 the game should have enough crossovers already, so this one is more of a joke suggestion. but still there are crossovers i think would be legendary, there are so many franchises i think would bring a lot of cool content to the game, like plants vs zombies (could help on the lack of sentry content problem), undertale/deltarune, hollow knight (in case they can be arranged), and maybe we can finally get a big minecraft crossover since those two games have been compared with each other for so long through history. i also think that the don't starve crossover could go for some more content on both sides, really expected to get a terraria npc as character in don't starve together :((
Asking for more crossover content is really tricky. It requires agreement on the side of both game teams, as well as something actually substantial to add. Beyond that, all we can really get is subtle nods and maybe an easter egg item, like the Joja Cola. Besides, we need to be cautious of content bloat.

Add suggestions that were left out of 1.4.5, like the counterpart for the hallow biome similar to how the crimson and corruption are counterparts (wait would this mean that there would also be counterparts for QS and empress?? talking about empress an evil counterpart for her would be s1ick).
I don't see how a counterpart to the hallow is necessary. It'd be a ton of work, espeacially considering it'd have to include two completely new bosses. I'd prefer if that work was put into improving some biomes we already have that could get more love, like the ocean

Personal idea, but i think i'm far from the only one when i say that mastermode feels very lazy, while expert brought new attack patterns and changes for bosses and even some enemies, all mastermode did was slide the stats up, this doesn't really make master much more challenging, but just more frustrating. I guess that it would make sense for the master difficulty to test the players rather than bring new challenges, but i still think that what i previously mentioned still stands, still would be better (and more fun) if master brought new stuff to the table in a similar fashion to expert (besides the vanity drops), and this would be the perfect opportunity to make this into a reality. Also i know that legendary mode already changes the bosses, but it seems to be less of a serious difficulty made fo fun (well fun only for the ones making it) considering how weird most of the changes are and also how griefy some of them are (like prime's bombs destroying tiles).

still in the topic of overhauling mastermode, since its exclusive drops are purely cosmetic (except for the mounts, but they're still mostly cosmetic or don't have as much combat practicality as the expert acessory drops), maybe there could be even more mastermode drops, since expert had acessories, mastermode could have weapons, and inspired on calamity revengeace drops (until they ruined it...) they could be some sort of rare weapons, that could incentivise farming bosses in this difficulty, and feel more special, as they should.
Honestly I don't really mind too much mastermode being a stat boost, since it's meant to be just a more punishing expert mode. That said though, I wouldn't mind if the bosses got some tweaks and new attacks, but if they did I'd prefer them being added to all modes, not just one difficulty mode. Regarding adding Master-mode exclusive weapons, I think it's a bad idea, not a fan of locking content behind difficulty modes, and I'd say Calamity Mod making the revengeance items available on all modes was a good decision. The incentive for playing in higher difficulty modes shouldn't be exclusive content, but the challenge itself

!! ENDGAME CONTENT !! real shame that once we get to the endgame we got nothing of new to use our amazing godlike gear on, and no wonder why it's one of the most requested suggestions for the game EVER. I think the obvious first would be a boss rush, every game (with bosses) seems to have one, it would be very hard to pull off considering that the early bosses would need more than solely stat scaling to be able to stand a chance against us in endgame, so we could really get some new variants for them, i imagine variants themed around the solar fragments, like a solar skeletron, vortex QB with many new tricks up to the table...
Red did say some time ago that he had plans for a Boss Rush, but at the end they dropped the idea completely. It's kind of a shame, I would really want to see how they'd have done it

Back
Top Bottom