Items Biome Recall Potions

Is it good?

• Yep!

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • It will be if you move it to a higher tier.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Nope, sorry.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
One of my least favorite things about Terraria is the commute. Especially on a large world, it's quite the hike I'll often need to take to get to a certain biome. Booo! We live in a world where we expect instant gratification at our fingertips!

So here are a few potions that might help you get where you need to go a bit quicker. I was a bit lazy to split the sprites up, so I'll just list them in the order in which they appear.

biomerecall.png

Jungle Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Moonglow, Jungle Spores @ Imbuing Station

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Surface/Underground Jungle.

Underworld Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Fireblossom, Hellstone Ore @ Imbuing Station

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Underworld.

Crimson Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Deathweed, Crimtane Ore @ Imbuing Station

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Surface/Underground Crimson.

Snow Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Shiverthorn, Ice Block @ Imbuing Station

(Ice Blocks are not what I would have favored as a crafting ingredient, but as far as I know, no common pre-hardmode ingredients exist in the Snow.)

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Surface/Underground Snow.

Corruption Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Deathweed, Demonite Ore @ Imbuing Station

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Surface/Underground Corruption.

This comes with the additional bonus of making Recall Potions less useless after you obtain a Magic Mirror.

How did I do this time?

They should be teleportation potions, not recall; teleportation brings you to a random area of the world, whereas recall is like a magic mirror.

Other than that this is great.

They should be teleportation potions, not recall; teleportation brings you to a random area of the world, whereas recall is like a magic mirror.

Other than that this is great.
Definitely, I had that thought, but Teleportation Potions are too impractical to make, and like I said, I want to make Recall Potions less useless after you obtain a mirror.

You can justify it this way: you need to visit the biome to create the potion, and the Recall Potion "recalls" the biome its ingredients came from.

Definitely, I had that thought, but Teleportation Potions are too impractical to make, and like I said, I want to make Recall Potions less useless after you obtain a mirror.

You can justify it this way: you need to visit the biome to create the potion, and the Recall Potion "recalls" the biome its ingredients came from.
Yes, recall are very useless after getting a mirror... Ok, i see how this works now.

I just had an idea for biome mirrors that do the same thing. Or is that too OP? Yes, i kinda have a crazy mind...

I just had an idea for biome mirrors that do the same thing. Or is that too OP? Yes, i kinda have a crazy mind...
Mirrors have infinite uses, and I really don't think we'll bother balancing it out with Chaos State or something like that. I'll be following up with something with Mirrors, though.

Hmm, I find it useful, hiking is way tiring,
But something is missing, I should keep watching this,
Great suggestion though :)

Interesting, but it looks like the wormhole potion will be enough. From what I can tell it will send you anywhere on the map you have been to, or maybe just to another player, I'm not sure.

Interesting, but it looks like the wormhole potion will be enough. From what I can tell it will send you anywhere on the map you have been to, or maybe just to another player, I'm not sure.
I can confirm that it can only teleport to another player: read the tooltip. Biome Recall Potions will serve the function you need in single player, which the majority of people play.

I can confirm that it can only teleport to another player: read the tooltip.
Crud. Now I have to support this. I couldn't see much of anything on the small screen of my phone. :dryadcry:

Underworld recall potion?
Better drink it after you chug an obsidian potion!
If you have a lava charm, it should suffice.... with enough luck and mining speed. Or one could just put something in the coding about not teleporting in or above lava, and only teleport above solid blocks.

More use for recall potion is absolutely OK with me. That thing is the pits after you have the mirror.

does that also mean you can go to biomes you havn't discovered?
(a bit impossible with the ingredients, but with a new world)

Snow Recall Potion

Crafted: Recall Potion, Shiverthorn, Ice Block @ Imbuing Station

(Ice Blocks are not what I would have favored as a crafting ingredient, but as far as I know, no common pre-hardmode ingredients exist in the Snow.)

Teleports the drinker to a random area within the Surface/Underground Snow.

maybe you could use a fish from the snow biome or something as the crafting ingredient, if you think that would be better than a ice block ? ^^

What happens if you have a potion, but the biome doesn't exist on that world? Or if you haven't been to that biome? Or if you have an artificial biome?

Why not just make it teleport you to the surface of that biome, only if your in it?
Only if I'm in it? Doesn't that sort of defeat the entire purpose of this item?
What happens if you have a potion, but the biome doesn't exist on that world? Or if you haven't been to that biome? Or if you have an artificial biome?
Chugging a Corruption Recall Potion will do nothing on a Crimson world unless you have created an artificial Corruption. Unexplored areas are fair game.

Back
Top Bottom