Items Biome Spread Sensors

HandsomeSquirrel🐿️

Skeletron Prime
When enough Evil/Hallow biome blocks are in the proximity of the sensor, it will send a wire signal. This would be very helpful for players wishing to monitor biome spread, especially when used in conjunction with Announcement Boxes. You could have them set up in such a way that if any Corruption/Crimson is near your base or a Pylon, a message will pop up in the chat as a warning!

There would be seperate sensors for each biome; a light-blue sensor for the Hallow, a purple one for the Corruption, a red one for the Crimson, and a sensor that will detect all three. Since the Logic Sensor (Night) is already purple, the biome sensors would be shaped differently for contrast.

Here's some Sensor mockups I made:
IMG_3913.png
IMG_4214.png
IMG_3910.png
IMG_3960.png
<--(senses all 3 spreading biomes)
Deactivated versions:
IMG_4210.png
IMG_4211.png
IMG_4212.png
IMG_4213.png

Here is what I imagine the crafting recipe could be:
ResultIngredientsCrafting Station
IMG_3913.png
Hallow Sensor
IMG_4392.gif
Soul of Light (x3)
IMG_4394.png
Pixie Dust (x3)
IMG_4389.png
/
IMG_4390.png
Any Iron Bar
IMG_4391.png
Wire
IMG_4397.png
/
IMG_4398.png
Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil
IMG_4214.png
Corruption Sensor
IMG_4393.gif
Soul of Night (x3)
IMG_4396.png
Rotten Chunk (x3)
IMG_4389.png
/
IMG_4390.png
Any Iron Bar
IMG_4391.png
Wire
IMG_4397.png
/
IMG_4398.png
IMG_3910.png
Crimson Sensor
IMG_4393.gif
Soul of Night (x3)
IMG_4395.png
Vertebra (x3)
IMG_4389.png
/
IMG_4390.png
Any Iron Bar
IMG_4397.png
/
IMG_4398.png
IMG_3960.png
Biome Spread Sensor
IMG_4392.gif
Soul of Light
IMG_4393.gif
Soul of Night (x2)
IMG_4394.png
Pixie Dust
IMG_4396.png
Rotten Chunk
IMG_4395.png
Vertebra
IMG_4389.png
/
IMG_4390.png
Any Iron Bar
IMG_4391.png
Wire
IMG_4397.png
/
IMG_4398.png
If you see anything in one of the recipes that you think could be improved; please tell me! (I might want to make the Biome Spread Sensor require a smaller number of ingredients.)

Let me know what you think! 🐿️

Last edited:
I've added mockup sprites for the Corruption and Crimson sensors:
index.php
IMG_3909.png
index.php

(With comparison, they kinda make the Hallow sensor look a bit greener than I would like, so I'll go fix it now.)
(EDIT: it has been fixed)
(EDIT 2.0: The corruption sensor on this post was linked to the one at the top of the thread, so I had to add in the old picture.)

Last edited:
I like it, but I feel like the all-biome sensor makes the others obsolete. Surely you won't ever need to sense more than one biome at a time?

I like it, but I feel like the all-biome sensor makes the others obsolete. Surely you won't ever need to sense more than one biome at a time?
(I'm surprised I haven't responded to this)
I certainly see your point; the specific biome sensors wouldn't have much unique practical use outside of very particular situations, like remotely monitoring which infectious biome reaches a location first. I suppose they are mostly unnecessary with the all-biome sensor there, but they might fill a niche.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom