Bits of info and think pieces for Lore Enthusiasts.

I'm just now discovering this side of the forum, which is great because I really like Terraria's Lore!

I have a long way to go, because Terraria's Lore/ secrets can be tough to crack sometimes (so many things to account for), but since there's some information I do have, that I'm not entirely sure what to do with just yet, I'll just leave the stuff here for those that are farther ahead than I am with certain areas of the game.

1. Celestial Pillars (Random Information)
    • The Warriors of the Pillars are actually playing a Tower Defense game against you, the Player.
    • Whatever the Celestial Towers are, the Warriors protecting it don't want it destroyed, obviously.
    • Destroying all of the Towers triggers the Moon Lord to spawn, meaning, the Towers where keeping him at bay.
    • The Celestial Tower defenders are likely "The Good Guys" and not "Invaders".
  2. Lunatic Cultists (Random Information)
    • Getting the Cultists to spawn is interesting, a number of things occur.
      • Defeating a Sun Themed Boss/ Guardian.
      • The Solar Cultist Set is unlocked (after defeating Cultists).
      • "Kill the Sun" is an achievement having to do with the Solar Eclipse Event & ties to some items like Solar Tablet.
      • Having the power to "Kill the Sun" on command, would require access to the Jungle Temple.
    • The Cultists weren't as close to Summoning the Moon Lord as previously suspected, there were still more difficult steps involved.
    • The Cultists aren't immediately hostile toward the player.
  3. Cthulhu and The Moon Lord (speculation)
    • I suspect they are somewhat the same being, but also separate.
    • "The Twins" are a good example this idea being introduced into the Lore, so it isn't a stretch.
    • I suspect that Cthulhu, a part of the Mood Lord, was defeated, not the Moon Lord himself (i.e. defeating Retinazer doesn't end the battle if Spazmatism is still alive).
    • This leads me to suspect that the Moon Lord is missing half his previous power, so the version of him that we fight in Terraria is the "weakened" version, whereas the Lunatic Cultists were attempting to restore the Moon Lords "full power".
  4. The Dryads (speculation)
    • I suspect that the Dryads who were "defeated" in the war, mostly turned themselves into "Living Trees" (supported by the ending credits in 1.4).
    • Living Trees are usually natural protectors from the spread of some World Evils.
  5. The Obsidian Watchers: Faction (still unsure)
    • I used to suspect that they were spies, because there was nothing special about the Obsidian "Outlaw" Armor, aside from the mask and design.
    • Due to the changes in 1.4, it's possible they are Summoners, meaning they're likely tied to the "Imp Staff" now.
    • It's crafting recipe also ties it loosely to the Underworld, which means that other Obsidian items might be related.

Good. Maybe a little more detail?
Working on it... just need the team to slow down a bit with the updates [information overload]! 😅 💁‍♂️

Also, wanna wait a bit to see where they go with the Graphic Novel, because if they play fast and loose with their own lore, I'm gonna feel like an idiot, over here being so meticulous and careful LoL!

Back
Top Bottom