Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Logic Sensors (Day, Night, Player Above) cease to function after an adjacent tile is replaced via block swap. Liquid sensors are unaffected. Reloading the world does not fix the sensors, only breaking and replacing the sensor works.

Edit: As pbq pointed out, seems to be weirder than that. Hovering the cursor over the sensor with a block swap compatible block seems to be what breaks them? Strange bug for sure.

Last edited:
Just tested on windows 1.4.0.5 with player above sensor.
It doesn't react to replacing adjacent tiles, but instead to hovering over the sensor itself when block swap is on and a suitable block(tested with dirt and stone blocks and wood platform, doesn't seem to react to items that don't create tiles)
As soon as you hover the cursor on the sensor, it sends a pulse if it was in an ON state, and then stops working, even after reloading world, until like op said, you break it and place it again.
Bizarre, nice find!

Last edited:
Thanks, I noticed after posting that there seemed to be some other factor that was causing it, but couldn't quite figure out what, I'll update my post after I get a chance to try it myself ^^

Steps
1. Place a player above sensor somewhere
2. Enable block swap if it was disabled
3. Select a "suitable" block from hotbar or pick one up from inventory
4. Hover the block over the sensor while within placing range
Done, sensor no longer reacts to player.

After some more testing, discovered that not all "common" blocks trigger the bug.
Dirt/Stone/Sand/Snow/Ice blocks, wood platforms trigger the bug. Also cobweb even tho you seemingly can't use block swap with it.
Wood does not trigger the bug for some reason. Neither a regular torch.
Another player above sensor doesn't trigger the bug either.

Bug triggers even if you don't have a pickaxe in your inventory.

Aha!

The block-types were the issue. Wood is my standard-carry block, and I tested it with Wood, and got no repro. Go figure. :p

Retested with Dirt and it was immediate. Good find!

yep, i have this problem too, using any block does it for me
if you do it while the sensor is active, by the way, it'll keep displaying the ON sprite, but it'll act as it it was off

Back
Top Bottom