Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, Crimson worlds and Corruption worlds will be jealous of each other

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Problem solved!

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
You probably all know that, because Band of Starpower is obtained only from Shadow Orbs, Crimson worlds don't get the benefit of Magic/Celestial Cuffs. That's a shame, because those are such great items.

Meanwhile, the Crimson's own exclusive accessory, Panic Necklace, is a neat item, but it can only be combined with the Honeycomb (which is, in Hardmode, laughably useless).

I present to you: the Blood Pressure Cuffs. To craft this item, you must combine a Band of Regeneration and Panic Necklace to create an accessory that combines the function of both: an Epinephrine Injector, perhaps. Then, it is combined with a Shackle to create the Blood Pressure Cuffs.

The Blood Pressure Cuffs provide the additional benefit of raising movement speed and melee speed (or damage) by some amount, let's say 8%, multiplied by the percentage of HP the player has lost (rounded up). You can imagine it as monitoring your blood pressure (remaining HP) and acting upon it to boost your stats when at low HP.

What's next? The Magic Cuffs were upgraded to be able to attract stars from a distance. I'm thinking the Blood Pressure Cuffs could be tinkered with SzGamer227's Cordial Magnet suggestion to create the Crimson equivalent of Celestial Cuffs. Does that sound good to you?

Last edited:
Support. I like the fact that Magic gets Mana cuffs with added damage to mana and pick up range, so why not health too?

I say Attack Speed buffs. Damage Buffs would be real great, but being a "two types of speeds in exchange for health" makes more sense in my head.

Last edited:
How about Increased Damage instead of Health?
It could give The Buff 'Adrenaline Rush'
Increases Damage Per Second

Cordial... interesting choice.
It sounds similar to "Cardial" on purpose. I was trying to keep the feeling of "heart" without directly referring to it, just like the Celestial Magnet has the feeling of stars (as in the sky and celestial bodies), but doesn't actually mean "stars."

Maybe I'm just overcomplicating it. :p

In preparation for an upcoming suggestion, the Blood Pressure Cuffs will have their effect modified.

They now provide Adrenaline (5 seconds) upon taking a hit, which boosts movement speed, life regeneration, and damage.

In preparation for an upcoming suggestion, the Blood Pressure Cuffs will have their effect modified.

They now provide Adrenaline (5 seconds) upon taking a hit, which boosts movement speed, life regeneration, and damage.
let me guess, Crimson Biome chest ;)

Back
Top Bottom