Items bone key needs to do damage if someone wants to make a mod that makes it do that let me know pls

Bone key is only a pet. The only use of pets is vanity (and to show how swag you are). If DG pet could do even 5 damage, it would be still OP because it would be the only useful pet.

Bone key is only a pet. The only use of pets is vanity (and to show how swag you are). If DG pet could do even 5 damage, it would be still OP because it would be the only useful pet.
but the bone key counts as a projectile so technicly fogive my bad spelling it would work

there could be a true bone key summon which can die and has the same stats as dungeon guardian but like 1 in 10000 drop chance

there could be a true bone key summon which can die and has the same stats as dungeon guardian but like 1 in 10000 drop chance

This item is a pet, which is generally an aesthetic change. I don't think it needs to do damage, especially if this item is a 0.01% chance drop. Also, having dungeon guardian stats is far too OP to use from how early on you can get it. My suggestion is that the bone key could have a special ability, possibly as a light pet, or something. Maybe a pre-hardmode light pet with decent light (*cough* *cough* Magic lantern) and twice the movement speed of the shadow orb would be interesting

Last edited:
i dont want it to die and having it as a light pet wouldint make much sense and it not a rare drop chance its an 100% drop chance and it was made for those who can beat the dungeon guardian
[doublepost=1536887074,1536886963][/doublepost]and i have some one already working on it heres the link https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/creating-your-ideas-ideas-mod.72166/

I was talking about the person above's suggestion:

Making an OP item with an incredibly low drop rate is still OP, no matter how rare it is (Say, 1^-999 trillion) and if someone lucky enough gets it, let's play Minecraft.

And also, pets aren't designed to be damage sources. Minions fill that role pretty well. This could be implemented into a mod and is still balanced (Maybe everything has 9999 defense by the time you get it) but no more.

yas because its cool
[doublepost=1539120862,1539120751][/doublepost]OH MY :red:ING GOD NOBODY LISTENS THE :red:ING BONE KEY IS NOT A RARE DROP CHANCE IT IS A 100% DROP CHANCE IT IS NOT RARE ITS HARD TO GET

What he likely means is that we don't really need to add something for an item that is statistically rare for players to get, referring to the fact that very few people pursue it, not how often it drops. Just making an item OP for the sake of it being OP would break the game's pacing and challenge in half. I personally don't support this as it is right now.

No support. Bone Key is fine as it is. It's considered being a trophy that you murdered the probably hardest enemy in Terraria.

Bone key should be a summon that summons 1 skull head and doesn't take up a minion slot. It should also do 50 damage and should be able to be changed to a magic weapon that shoots skulls, consumes Magic by 20, and does 60 damage.
[doublepost=1541130594,1541130446][/doublepost]And dragon it is hard to beat

It doesn’t actually, dungeon guardian is really easy, just time consuming, just build a long platform, get mini shark and get some speed, just trail it, not hard at all, which is why bone key doesn’t need damage, it’s not hard to get, thus no reason for it to be anything other than vanity

Back
Top Bottom