Weapons & Equip Bottomless Bucket Item

vrysk

Terrarian
This is a proposal for a usable item that acts as a bucket that can endlessly fill with liquids, but cannot place liquids. I would add a crafting recipe of a stack of buckets at a Crystal Ball (making it a hard mode item), similar to the Endless Quiver or Musket Pouch. This would create an alternative means to remove liquid that doesn't require fishing -- in order to balance sponges I would propose adding a 'water-absorbent sponge' which can be combined with the lava-absorbent sponge to make the super-absorbent sponge, which should be updated to have the same capability to be used with any liquid. Dry bombs would remain as they are, as a pre-hardmode variant that is more cumbersome to deal with.

Note: An alternative naming scheme could be considered, as generally a 'bottomless' bucket should not be capable of holding liquid, and an additional item named 'bottomless bucket' could be added that is crafted from a single bucket, with the unfortunate effect of immediately placing any liquid at the players feet. These items could share the same name, but have alternate descriptions: 'A bucket with a hole in it.' vs 'Contains an endless amount of space.', although this might cause confusion.

For both water and lava, there’s already a “bottomless bucket” which produces infinite liquid and an “absorbant sponge” that removes an infinite amount of liquid.

That only absorbs water and requires fishing. Also, I acknowledge it in my post, and propose a balance change for it.
Hm... ok, but I would say that if it was available in pre-hardmode, it would be better, since liquids are bunch more annoying (and threatening) in pre-hm.

And maybe available in pre-boss.

Kind of ironic that the most useful liquid for spreading everywhere (honey) is the only one that doesn't have endless deletion/placing.

Actually... maybe that's intentional.

Hm... ok, but I would say that if it was available in pre-hardmode, it would be better, since liquids are bunch more annoying (and threatening) in pre-hm.

And maybe available in pre-boss.
I have the opposite opinion. This being available pre-hardmode would cause balance issues in making liquids less threatening, as well as interfere with dry bombs, which are available pre-hardmode (before any bosses). I view this is more of an end game option for terraforming liquids once they're more of a nuisance than a threat.

For both water and lava, there’s already a “bottomless bucket” which produces infinite liquid and an “absorbant sponge” that removes an infinite amount of liquid.
Yes, this acts as more of an alternative that doesn't require fishing. Also, there is currently no 'honey absorbent sponge', and this could help fill that void.

I have the opposite opinion. This being available pre-hardmode would cause balance issues in making liquids less threatening, as well as interfere with dry bombs, which are available pre-hardmode (before any bosses). I view this is more of an end game option for terraforming liquids once they're more of a nuisance than a threat.
However, dry bombs can only be acquired post-evil bosses, as lava fishing requires lava proof bug nets.

Back
Top Bottom