Brain of Cthulhu vs Eater of Worlds.

Which is harder: Brain of Cthulhu or Eater or Worlds?

• Total voters

rmotheram

Spazmatism
Which boss is harder: Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds? Comment down below for any opinions on the two bosses.

There's a lack of content in this thread:mad:
If you feel that a post is breaking the rules - in this case, by having a lack of content - please Report the post and move on. The staff will then review it and take action, if needed.

To answer the original question in this thread, I have always found the Crimson and their enemies to be easier for me than the Corruption, and that goes for the Brain as well. I can make a ton of platforms and move around in the empty cavern much easier than having to carve out a large enough space to fight the Eater of Worlds. :)

Which boss is harder: Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds? Comment down below for any opinions on the two bosses.
I personally believe the harder one would be the eater of worlds due to how the Brain of Cthulhu can be easily knocked back with spears and be killed with grenades while the eater of worlds can't

Which boss is harder I feel depends on whether I'm playing Normal or Expert Mode. In Normal Mode, I don't need to prepare very much to be able to face the bosses naturally and can usually just break the Orbs/Hearts with what I have currently. The Brain of Cthulhu feels easier here since the room is a central big room that's easy to move around in, and my boomerang/magic staff equipment serves me well in defeating the Brain's minions and knocking back the Brain to keep it from hitting me. While the Eater of Worlds, is harder to summon and requires more bombs/Purification Powder to get to the Orbs, and then finding a decent spot where you can move enough before the Eater traps you in a tiny spot where you can't move at all. Getting the Vilethorn is usually a lucky incident which helps make the Eater easier, but it isn't something that can be relied on in every playthrough.

For Expert Mode the Brain feels harder than the Eater. Both bosses require much more preparation and an arena to be effective at beating them naturally. If I can get to the surface to fight the Eater with an arena I've built up there or just use Worm Food to summon it on the Corruption Surface. It makes it a manageable fight as long as I dodge the projectiles it shoots properly. While with the brain, in the 2nd stage of the fight, the mirage ability it uses makes the fight very difficult. Not only messing with my head, but when I whittle the health down very low, its very difficult for me to figure out which brain is the real one and I end up panicking when I can't tell where I'm getting damaged by one of the 4 brains. It feels like I'm trying to follow a kaleidoscope where I can't aim properly at it. Having to think in a split second where the brain teleported and reappeared.

It is for these reasons that the Eater feels harder on Normal Mode, and the Brain feels harder on Expert Mode.

I have never died to brain of Cthulhu stage 2, while breaking crimson hearts I get knockback locked to death while going to my arena. I have only gotten killed by the eater of worlds 1 time in the last 2 years. I usually rush for eater but I am conservative for brain. I have played since release on mobile and 1.2.2 on PC. I have killed the eater hundreds of times and the brain less then 50. In short the eater is easier because I have more experience with it.

i'm basing my vote on the Expert mode versions of them, and for me the brain is far harder for one simple reason: the random Debuffs.

IDK about you, but getting Confused mid-fight has led to my death MANY times

I’d say the brain is easier because for the first phase just use a tendon bow with jesters arrows and your fine and for phase 2 just use a decent damage weapon with knockback and your fine. The eater can be difficult to handle with the segments splitting and also in master and expert mode those projectiles deal a ridiculous amount of damage

The Eater of Worlds did get a shiny new buff to its segment count, which makes it more formidable.
That said, I still have more trouble with the Brain. It's easy to get stunlocked by the creepers and panic. Then second phase it moves fast enough that spotting the illusion isn't always enough to save you from getting hit.

Last edited:
I find the Brain harder as well. The second phase is basically free since all you need is a fast weapon and the minimap open, but the first phase is a lot more difficult. You have to pay attention to both where the Brain is and to Creepers barreling in from all angles. Meanwhile you only have to pay attention to maybe 3 worms against the Eater if you play well, and they’re much easier to track with Hunter Potions.

And this doesn’t happen often, but getting the confusion debuff will end the fight like that.

Back
Top Bottom