Console Bring console stuff to every version?

Moondust

Terrarian
As a console player, im not exactly happy with these changes, but oh well. I understand that if i want to see Ocram and the other items and enemies after this update hits, i can just play on my 360. However, i then obviously wont have access to 1.3 things like Moon lord. I dont wanna have to choose between them. I just want them all to be accessible to me while im playing on Xbox one, one way or another. So how about this? Keep everything, but alter their stats to seem a bit more balanced and change how/where its found/obtained. For example, the currently harder console exclusive versions of enemies could all still be found no matter what platform you are playing on, but they would have a smaller chance of spawning, and could ONLY spawn when there is a blood moon. Since it allows harder enemies to spawn, it would make sense, wouldn't it? Under a blood moon in normal mode, the hard versions would have a 3% (Too high/Low?) chance to spawn, while it would be doubled in expert mode. Putting the world in hard mode wouldn't change their spawn chance. If their spawn rate seems low, its because most people seem to not want to see these enemies at all. So to hopefully keep both sides quite happy, they would be in game, making those who like them satisfied, and those who dont like them also satisfied as they would barely ever see them anyway. It would also make collecting their banners and items pretty interesting. :p

As for Ocram, why not fix his hitbox and consider making him a kind of secret boss like Queen bee, or Duke Fishron? Like them, it doesnt exactly have to be fought to progress to other bosses, but his drops would be very helpful in fighting harder things. Since the armors and other items crafted with souls of blight would probably need to have been nerfed, some of their recipes should be a little less, well, ridiculous. Lol.
Souls of blight should maybe be the only things he drops now tho, instead of there being a chance for him to also drop a piece of armor. Of course there will need to be a new craftable summoner armor type to go with the Dragon, Spectral and Titan sets. Not sure how that would be made tho, or what it would look like, but maybe it could be known as the Banshee set? Idk tho. Just as long as it has a mysterious sounding name.

His expert mode drop could be something similar to the WoF, in that its a 1-time-use per character item that only provides you the bonus while you are in an expert mode world. It needs to first be combined with about 8 heart crystals or mana crystals though, and depending on which type you choose to make it with, it will grant you a permanent health or mana increase of maybe 20, 30, 40 or 50? Basically, a lot less than 8 crystals would normally give you. You cant use two to increase your health and mana, as i stated above, its a 1-time-use item.

Summoning Ocram would not be easy, although since so many people seem to not really want him in the game, whats the problem? xD
It would require you to get the suspicious looking skull item itself from an enemy, rather than craft it. It would now be a material item tho. You would need to use the skull along with 40 souls of sight, fright and might, and 60 souls of night and light AND 5 titanium/adamantite bars AND 5 spectre bars. Combining all of those together at a mythril/orichalcum anvil will give you the forbidden skull, a new item which upon use summons Ocram.
I have no clue what his expert attack would be, but the amount of souls he would drop are 55-65 and 75-85 in expert.

Being killed by the boss would mean he despawns, but another suspicious looking skull would get placed in your inventory or on the ground if you do end up dying, allowing you to recraft the forbidden skull without having to find the suspicious one again first.
The reason for that is because the skull would only rarely drop from cursed dragon skulls in the dungeon.
Having to wait for a rare event to occur, just to have a tiny chance of a rare enemy spawning just to have another rare chance of that enemy dropping the skull again would just be too tedious.

I still have an idea for an Ocram servant summoning weapon that could be added, but all in all, these are just a few of my ideas and thoughts on everything to do with the news about stuff being removed, and how i wish it could all stay. I know most of what i said probably made no sense and seemed really unbalanced.
While typing this i sometimes felt like i was writing to a dev or something and that theres a chance this would actually get implemented. The truth is, il be lucky if even 2 people see this. Even though this would probably just get negative responses. xD

Also, sorry for how messy this all is. My excuse is that im VERY tired right now. xD

the crating woul be so tedious i dont think anyone would go out their way to deliberately try to craft and summon this boss. and especially because souls of blight were nerfed :/ . if you're a competitionist maybe you would try nd craft it i guess. but a casual player wouldn't really want to because 60 souls of light would make me cry lol.

Back
Top Bottom