Single Thread RP Broken Continent (Zombie Survival RP)

Tibithia Σ

Plantera
This RP also serves the purpose for being a sort-of tribute to The Apocalypse by MagiΔ. If you want to pay respects to the fallen RP, a link to the OOC is below:

Now, for the backstory:
It's been several years since the original outbreak, and the attempts to cure the area have failed... miserably.
However, there was hope, since a recently created company, known as Horizine Biotech has volunteered to help create a cure.
The good news is that they had the funding and the resources. The bad news is that it simply spread the infection to the continent of North America...
It couldn't have happened at a worse time. The USA was torn apart by riots and weakened by a previous pandemic. The perfect time for zombies. (YOU GOT WHAT YOU WISHED FOR PEOPLE! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?)
So far, attempts to help the civilians have resulted in failure, as bandit groups and powerful infected pretty much ravage the areas they're quarantined in. But at least Mexico and Canada are handling fine, and probably have a better chance for recovery than most.
The RP starts out in the small town of Scarborough, one of the most crime-riddled cities in the Durham region...

The thing is separated by chapters, by the way. This page begins the Prologue, but the next chapters will be indicated by specific posts.
Chapter 1: TBA
Anyways, just post your character when you want to join. This RP is meant to be a semi-realistic one, but I will allow characters that don't fit into this mold to join in, as long as these rules are followed:
1. Every character must have an applicable weakness (i.e. not too specific)
2. No bunnying characters (controlling other RPers' characters yourself)
3. THERE IS NO CURE! At least, no permanent cure. Characters can be immune to the infection, but it must be kept to themselves.
4. If you plan to kill off another's character, it might be best to PM them first to discuss it, and come to an agreement. If not, let them decide if their character dies or not.
5. Please don't be too OP. The way I'm handling this is meant to ensure there's usually a challenge when needed, to prevent it from getting boring.

This RP takes heavy inspiration from other zombie games, especially Dying Light and Killing Floor. I'd recommend using the Dying Light OST while in this RP, as it really fits the tone and theme.

Character Sheet Template is this:

Name:
Species:
Appearance (Picture or Description works):
Equipment/Abilities:
Backstory (Optional):
Weakness (Please fill this in):
Extra/Trivia:

Last edited:
Ok, new OC time, since I don't feel like using an old one.
Name: Keterai, but she goes by Key. (pronounced Kay)
Species: Human Angel
Appearance (Picture or Description works): Light Brown hair, White (but now grey and dirty) Jacket with a hood, jeans, Bright Grey wings.
Equipment/Abilities: Can run pretty fast, has a Light Bow that shoots Light Arrows.
Backstory (Optional): Was in school when the outbreak started, luckily had her bow in her locker, has been wandering ever since.
Weakness (Please fill this in): Wings only work for a short amount of time, like little jumps here and there.
Extra/Trivia: None.

Anyways, here's my character:
Name: Ross
Species: Human
Appearance (Picture or Description works): Mostly just wears a standard employee outfit. Often leaves his face concealed by a hood or gas mask (Despite already having a standard cloth mask.)
Equipment/Abilities: Wields a handheld crossbow with a scope, and can identify tech pretty well.
Backstory (Optional): Worked in customer support for a large tech firm in Toronto, but escaped during the outbreak. Is mostly in Scarborough to find somebody.
Weakness (Please fill this in): Horrendous at anything involving combat, and would most likely die in a life-or-death situation.
Extra/Trivia:Used to have an interest in anthro animals, but grew out of it. Mostly.

(So, before I can actually choose a character, I have a question: what counts as a weakness that is too specific? (And I'm also going to assume that I can't use Sandy because he's a Pokémon))

(You may use Sandy. And by too specific, I mean it must be applicable to the situation the RP takes place in, meaning it can be an inherent character flaw or something they're not good at, that might come up during the RP.)

(I'll probably add Sandy later, for now I'm starting off with a new character:
Name: Snowfall
Species: Human
Appearance (Picture or Description works):
IMG_20201001_090231.png

Equipment/Abilities: has no special abilities, but she has a weapon called the Phasic Disc.
Backstory (Optional):
Weakness (Please fill this in): gets caught off guard quickly.
Extras/Trivia: Her weapon looks like this:
IMG_20201019_094831.jpg

Text color: #d2f8fe
)

(I got to go for now. From now on, just post the character sheet, and I'll tell anybody who does so if it's allowed.)

(That what I like to hear)
Name: Ontario
Species: mallard duck
Appearance (Picture or Description works): he is an abnormally large duck, and looks like a mallard. wears a jacket and specially designed boot.
Equipment/Abilities:can fly, but with a limited amount of weight. He can talk. he carries a long sword, a small knife, and a couple of throwing knives. has good aerial agility, so he jumps around when fighting. (are ducks immune to the infection?)
Extra/Trivia: really likes pineapples for some reason.
Weakness (Please fill this in): Cant run very fast, not the best when it comes to logic.

Back
Top Bottom