Blocks & Decoration Bubblegum blocks

Simple, bubblegum is for making bubbles right? So why doesnt the bubble gum block expand slowly? I mean it doesnt “take over” other blocks like hallow, it just fills empty space, conforms to fit. A good use could be a tunnel blocker, place a single block and it expands to 3x3 (9blocks) to 5x5 (25blocks) seals a tunnel to excavate, i.e. two blocks seal a 10 block height( when positioned correctly) in a tunnel. BUT. That means the bubblegum grows... 1-9-25 is a large growth rate.
Its just an idea!

Simple, bubblegum is for making bubbles right? So why doesnt the bubble gum block expand slowly? I mean it doesnt “take over” other blocks like hallow, it just fills empty space, conforms to fit. A good use could be a tunnel blocker, place a single block and it expands to 3x3 (9blocks) to 5x5 (25blocks) seals a tunnel to excavate, i.e. two blocks seal a 10 block height( when positioned correctly) in a tunnel. BUT. That means the bubblegum grows... 1-9-25 is a large growth rate.
Its just an idea!
Interesting idea, but a lot of people would not like the idea of blocks they used for builds suddenly e x p a n d i n g. Far as my experience goes, at any rate.

Interesting idea, but a lot of people would not like the idea of blocks they used for builds suddenly e x p a n d i n g. Far as my experience goes, at any rate.
I understand, its just an idea that i had for a brick with out an extensive build tree. Maybe a power to it could cause it to expand, so player builds wont be affected? Thanks for feedback btw. I didnt take that into account.

Reactions: Bry
I’d recommend making it a visual effect only. So a single Bubblegum Block would visually expand to look like it takes up a 3x3 square, while only taking up one block of space.

But first we need to make Bubblegum Blocks look more visually appealing, because right now, they really don’t look good, like at all.
I agree , i have to hammer til i have the right combination to make my “art” look good. Or for the reasons I mentioned...

Back
Top Bottom