Game Mechanics Buff Rainbow Gun Pls

JeyJoosh

Terrarian
My favorite class is magic so I feel like Rainbow Gun is a bit bad for the point in the game that you get it at and even though its a support weapon its still really bad

True but it could also use a damage buff
It's damage and duration is fine it's just that overpowered weapons like razor pine or razor blade typhoon outclass every single weapon. Buffing it will just encourage even more power creep. What should happen is those two weapons should have there damage relooked at to allow for more options

It's damage and duration is fine it's just that overpowered weapons like razor pine or razor blade typhoon outclass every single weapon. Buffing it will just encourage even more power creep. What should happen is those two weapons should have there damage relooked at to allow for more options
I think duration is fine to buff. The way I see it, the Rainbow Gun receiving a duration buff only matters against bosses, which are pretty much the only enemies at that point in the game that can sit in its beam for longer than 20 seconds and survive. This means that increasing the duration doesn't do anything but add a little bit of convenience against regular enemies. Since it's not a major damage dealer, just an auxiliary weapon, it deserves to do that job better.

it doesn't need a power boost just duration and maybe a better projectile

I will also add that this weapon could really use some graphical polish compared to many other weapons at this point. The projectile should be much faster, and the whole thing could be flashier and less choppy-looking.
true the rainbow isnt even always in one piece

Back
Top Bottom