Weapons & Equip Buff the Gravity Globe

leechheart

Skeletron Prime
After beating Moon Lord Expert mode, which is one of the hardest things in the vanilla game, you are rewarded with two expert-only items: The best Light Pet, the suspicious looking eye, which is kinda outdated when you get it, but it's really just to show that you beat him, and the other being the...drumroll please.....Gravity Globe *sad trombone*.

I really hate this item. For being one of the hardest items to obtain, it is the most lackluster, most boring item in the entire game. The fact that you can't use it in midair makes it so bad, so horrifically bad, that it makes the Obsidian Rose more useful. If I got this item as a new character I'd throw it in the trash right away. So, of course, I have these proposed changes:

Gravity Globe-
-Can now be used in midair, like an endless gravitation potion
-If an enemy melee hits you, their gravity will go crazy (constantly switching between up and down). Bosses are immune to this, except King Slime and Golem.
-Negates Fall Damage

I just feel that the Gravity Globe at least needs the 1st and 3rd buffs. The second idea is just kinda thrown out there but it could be useful too. I honestly just hate this item so much and I want it to be somewhat useful so that I can put it somewhere, because as of right now the Bone Glove is a more useful item

I like it! Maybe it could also give you a chance to switch an enemy’s gravity for 1-2 seconds after hitting them with a weapon. I like it though!

After beating Moon Lord Expert mode, which is one of the hardest things in the vanilla game, you are rewarded with two expert-only items: The best Light Pet, the suspicious looking eye, which is kinda outdated when you get it, but it's really just to show that you beat him, and the other being the...drumroll please.....Gravity Globe *sad trombone*.

I really hate this item. For being one of the hardest items to obtain, it is the most lackluster, most boring item in the entire game. The fact that you can't use it in midair makes it so bad, so horrifically bad, that it makes the Obsidian Rose more useful. If I got this item as a new character I'd throw it in the trash right away. So, of course, I have these proposed changes:

Gravity Globe-
-Can now be used in midair, like an endless gravitation potion
-If an enemy melee hits you, their gravity will go crazy (constantly switching between up and down). Bosses are immune to this, except King Slime and Golem.
-Negates Fall Damage

I just feel that the Gravity Globe at least needs the 1st and 3rd buffs. The second idea is just kinda thrown out there but it could be useful too. I honestly just hate this item so much and I want it to be somewhat useful so that I can put it somewhere, because as of right now the Bone Glove is a more useful item
(If I got it upon creating a new character, I would keep it so I can find floating islands, but I get you mean is useless)

I agree, as it’s pretty useless at that point in the game. I like some of your thoughts on it, but suggestion/explaining time is being called for:
-I agree with you on making the 1st and 3rd buffs intact, just why did you put the second on there anyway? Second seems like it wouldn’t do anything to the bosses as the don’t take fall damage.
-You show a lot of hate on the gravity globe, but there is two things you need to keep in mind::
——It is therefore the hardest and last expert item (along with suspicious eye), but did you notice 2 things in common with them? They are completely and directly inrelated to combat. Reason for that is, what else can you fight and take up a challenge with? You beat moon lord, and on expert, the next thing expected of you is to do what ever you want. Partial reason is the luminite ore it drops is the key to the strongest armor and weapon the game has to offer.
——The gravity globe was a testing item, and one of the only ones not removed. To make it special, they put it in a treasure bag.

Hopefully you see the purpose of how the globe was added. One thing I thing it should do is also switch gravity of projectiles (like boulders [from boulder staff] and grenades). That would be cool, but it would be a banned item on servers

In my opinion, the only reason to use to Gravity Globe is for adventure maps, and I think it's perfectly fine that way. No support

Back
Top Bottom