**REPORTED** Bug: character gets stuck using active item.

Zwink

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Controller (please specify type)
when i use an item in my inventory (like a healthpotion) before the cooldown has finished using right joystick. the character gets stuck using the active item on the hotbar, until it is succesfully used. for picks thats no issue. mine a block and it stops. but for other items like bugnet or guns, it will keep using it. alt-f4 is the only way out, since clicking the mouse doesnt work anymore either.

i am using terraria on pc with a xbox controller.

We have an incoming fix that should resolve this issue, thank you for the report!

The most recent version of Terraria is 1.4.4.5. Please check you are up to date and advise if you are still experiencing the issue.

The most recent version of Terraria is 1.4.4.5. Please check you are up to date and advise if you are still experiencing the issue.
Still happening in 1.4.4.5. Steps to reproduce:

1) Have a consumable item in inventory that you can quick use. Have only one of them in inventory.
2) Press quick use. Instead of using it, it will be in your hands.
3) Cancel the use (press circle or triangle on my controller).
4) You'll now be swinging something else forever.

I'm using a PS4 controller. I wonder if the quick use thing behavior is a bug too. If I have a stack of something and do quick use, I'll just use it. But if I have only one of the item, it gets picked up first. It's inconsistent.

Last edited:
Still happening in 1.4.4.5. Steps to reproduce:

1) Have an item in inventory that you can quick use. Have only one of them in inventory.
2) Press quick use. Instead of using it, you'll sorta pick it up, as if I pressed A on the controller instead.
3) Cancel the use.
4) You'll now be swinging something forever.

I'm using a PS4 controller. I wonder if the quick use thing behavior is a bug too. If I have a stack of something and do quick use, I'll just use it. But if I have only one of the item, it gets picked up first. It's inconsistent.
Thank you, appreciate you confirming. Details have been added to the report for the developers to investigate.

Back
Top Bottom