**REPORTED** Bugs related to the latest secret seed (get fixed boi)

Lunar Eruption

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Here're two bugs related to the recent seed, get fixed boi.
1. Crispy Honey Blocks aren't highlighted by Dangersense Potion.
0.png

2. The initial Hallow infection failed to convert Corrupted Jungle Grass, resulting in a hybrid biome of Hallow (Pearlstone) and Corruption (Corrupted Jungle Grass).
Didn't test Crimson but I think Hallow can't convert Crimson Jungle Grass either.
1665942533576.png

The Hallow can't convert mud / Jungle grass. The act of changing from Crimson / Corruption to normal Jungle grass is purification. The Hallow doesn't purify; it's also considered a type of infection.

The Hallow can't convert mud / Jungle grass. The act of changing from Crimson / Corruption to normal Jungle grass is purification. The Hallow doesn't purify; it's also considered a type of infection.
Hi, I was just going to post this "bug" myself. The seed is designed to protect the jungle; that's why the hallow always spawns on the jungle side and why there is a layer of mushroom biome protecting it from the top. The devs clearly designed it this way to counteract them removing purification powder and pure solution from the seed (these were removed to prevent you from cleansing the surface which would defeat the point of its hostility). Of course, the problem is if your jungle bleeds into the edge of the world, then it will be corrupted and can't be saved by the hallow. The corruption/crimson will then consume the rest of your jungle very quickly with no way to stop it. This may not be a bug exactly for the reasons you said, but it is at the very least a major oversight that I'm sure the devs just didn't think about. Maybe the Hallow should be able to purify (only when it generates from WoF defeat) or have its own Jungle grass variant, but it definitely needs to be addressed to some degree since it can make the seed unplayable as it stands.

Last edited:
I'll bring up the Crispy Honey issue, but as it is only a hazard on Everything seed, it is not meant to globally be portrayed as a hazard.

There is no Hallow Mud Grass nor is there intended to be.

I'll bring up the Crispy Honey issue, but as it is only a hazard on Everything seed, it is not meant to globally be portrayed as a hazard.

There is no Hallow Mud Grass nor is there intended to be.
You guys clearly intended to protect the jungle with the world generation right? It sure seems like it and makes sense since you can't purify anything on the seed. So in a scenario where you get unlucky and your jungle bleeds into the outer edges, are you supposed to just get bent? It just doesn't make sense to me why you would go to such lengths to protect the jungle on this seed only for it to be completely countered if you get unlucky. Hallow jungle grass isn't necessary, but would it be possible to send a "wave" of purification before the "wave" of hallow after you defeat Wall of Flesh? That would solve this issue.

for a concrete example of the problem here:
1666332639451.png

a substantial percentage of the jungle in this remix seed world is corrupted before hardmode starts simply due to the lateral positioning of the jungle. if the hallow is actually meant to replace the corruption on that edge, then either the hallow should be doing something about that, or the jungle shouldn't be getting corrupted at world generation time.

Back
Top Bottom