tModLoader Builder Essentials

Hey, recently while using the mod I found a peculiar and seemingly unrelated issue. The mod appears to be causing a bug in which the Staff of Regrowth disappears on use. For clarification when you use it to grow moss/grass on stone/dirt respectively it disappears from your inventory. I don't know if it would still do this when used as a melee weapon or for harvesting herbs.

Anyway, when I found the bug I figured it was something to do with one of my mods so I went through disabling them and eventually found that when I disabled Builder Essentials the bug was gone. It's possible that this is an unexpected conflict with another mod I have (I currently run Calamity and it's music mod, Magic Storage, Useful NPCs, Boss Checklist, and Recipe Browser in addition to Builder Essentials).

I'm not much familiar with programming so I doubt I could be much help in isolating what in the mod causes the issue, but I hope this helps.

Thanks
Thanks for your feedback. I managed to reproduce the bug and fix it, just released an update in the Mod Browser. It wasn't any sort of conflict between mods, just an error on my side.

Oh, are the five crafting stations (The combinations of all of the many kinds of stations.) supposed to be unable to sit on platforms? It seems like a rather jarring restriction, and I can't imagine any particularly useful reason to keep them off of platforms.

Oh, are the five crafting stations (The combinations of all of the many kinds of stations.) supposed to be unable to sit on platforms? It seems like a rather jarring restriction, and I can't imagine any particularly useful reason to keep them off of platforms.
I wasn't aware it was impossible to place them on platforms. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'll fix it in the next update.

Yeah, so, this is a frikkin awesome mod. Seriously. The concepts are so cool and I don't want to be without them! I've been using the "Infinite Pickup Range" wrench so much.

I think things may be a little bit buggy though.

For one, I'm using the Fargo's Souls mod. It's a mainstay of my play-throughs. I started a new game and gave myself the "Soul of Dimensions" item (And I'll bet the World Shaper Soul would apply too.) and with that mod enabled and that item in my possession, my block range is very much expanded.

With this mod enabled, even with only that accessory as the only accessory I have, my block range is very limited. Even if I get any range-increasing accessories like the Extendo grip, it's still minimal range. Heck, I think, even with the range increasing wrench upgrade from this mod, my range is still tiny.

It's almost as if the mere presence of this mod limits the player's range to what the upgradeable wrench can do, and nothing more. That's pretty scary. o.o

------------

Another thing I'm noticing - It's pretty hard to manage the Wrench as a combineable and toggleable item. I honestly don't know how to make it work. I know it has to be combined with its upgrades in the crafting interface, and then possibly toggled as a little circle above the hotbar, but that doesn't really seem to work. Neither of those, really.

I mean the one thing that usually does work is that you can combine the wrench into the same "item" but with added functionality, but that doesn't always toggle the ability to click on those little white circles up top. It takes a lot of weird random clicking and moving things around to get what I supposedly just upgraded to be able to toggle one of those circles. Heck, sometimes the wrong circle is able to be toggled. Sometimes I'll move the wrench out of my inventory and then back again, and I lose access to all of the circles no matter what I do.

Any tips? D:

Sorry, I'm not very active here on the forums.
With this mod enabled, even with only that accessory as the only accessory I have, my block range is very limited. Even if I get any range-increasing accessories like the Extendo grip, it's still minimal range. Heck, I think, even with the range increasing wrench upgrade from this mod, my range is still tiny.

It's almost as if the mere presence of this mod limits the player's range to what the upgradeable wrench can do, and nothing more. That's pretty scary. o.o
Long story short, that's my fault and is being fixed in the version I'm porting to 1.4 (sorry about that!)

Another thing I'm noticing - It's pretty hard to manage the Wrench as a combineable and toggleable item. I honestly don't know how to make it work. I know it has to be combined with its upgrades in the crafting interface, and then possibly toggled as a little circle above the hotbar, but that doesn't really seem to work. Neither of those, really.

I mean the one thing that usually does work is that you can combine the wrench into the same "item" but with added functionality, but that doesn't always toggle the ability to click on those little white circles up top. It takes a lot of weird random clicking and moving things around to get what I supposedly just upgraded to be able to toggle one of those circles. Heck, sometimes the wrong circle is able to be toggled. Sometimes I'll move the wrench out of my inventory and then back again, and I lose access to all of the circles no matter what I do.

Any tips? D:
I wasn't able to experience what you described but, once again, everything is being redesigned (with some proper thought behind it, this time :D) for the 1.4 update

I haven't had time in the past few months and really don't have the time to fix the mess that this mod currently is in tMod 1.3. I'd much rather focus in the future and have a proper rewrite. Hope you understand!

Yeah, I've noticed the same as @ShadowTiger—once the mod is installed, it nullifies everything else (vanilla or modded) having to do with placement speed or range, as if it's a cat that demands all the attention.

That being said, this is a great mod.

Updated to both tModLoader 1.4 stable and preview! 1.3 is no longer supported. All of the bugs present in 1.3 were addressed and the mod was remade from scratch. Multiplayer should be fully working too.

Is there a way to combine the wrenches in 1.4?
There's a bug happening when you craft wrenches through the Magic Storage interface. Each wrench can hold all upgrades at once. Try crafting them wihtout Magic Storage for now

Back
Top Bottom