Weapons & Equip Bullet Penetration

(If You Want To Skip All This Useless Chatter Just Look At Dreadnautilius5000’s Reply)

My Actual Detailed Idea:
Now to all those ‘haters’. When I say regular bullet made of metal and piercing I don’t necessarily mean all the time. A random thing like a 5-20% chance to penetrate. It simply makes sense. And I suppose it should be high-velocity. But just something like this should be added. Not saying that it has to be added. Just that maybe it could be modified a bit if they really like to add it. And yes, it should take off some damage because it is the second time piercing an enemy.

Last edited:
High velocity bullets do just that. They pierce twice, each hit per bullet dealing 15% less damage than the previous hit. I think it makes the most sense for high velocity bullets to cut through enemies instead of get lodged in them.

I don't know, seems too strong if any cheapo musket ball had the chance to pierce. It could have like 80% damage falloff or even 1 flat damage on pierce; then it's a neat visual touch and it doesn't meaningfully buff already strong weapons.

From a logical perspective, sure, there's nothing wrong with this.

But Ranged typically is already one of the most powerful classes for about 80% of the game, and a blanket buff to all guns like this is just not something that is needed. Ranged just doesn't need a global buff like this. And yeah, the balance changes are finished too, so there is that as well, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't be in favor of this change for the balance considerations.

I don't know, seems too strong if any cheapo musket ball had the chance to pierce. It could have like 80% damage falloff or even 1 flat damage on pierce; then it's a neat visual touch and it doesn't meaningfully buff already strong weapons.
@FR0STO9 said "any regular bullet made of metal". Musket balls aren't made of metal. Luminite Bullets already pierce, which leaves Silver Bullets, Tungsten Bullets, and Chlorophyte Bullets, and the latter would be too strong if they could both pierce and home. I think that it would be fine if Silver and Tungsten Bullets had a chance to pierce, because then there'd be an option for dealing with groups of enemies before Meteor Shots become available.

So about the chlorophyte bullets. I agree, to powerful, but tungsten and silver. Like c’mon, it makes absolute sense.

From a logical perspective, sure, there's nothing wrong with this.

But Ranged typically is already one of the most powerful classes for about 80% of the game, and a blanket buff to all guns like this is just not something that is needed. Ranged just doesn't need a global buff like this. And yeah, the balance changes are finished too, so there is that as well, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't be in favor of this change for the balance considerations.
Sorry to Leinfors for not giving more details before he read this. I have updated everything now and I personally think that Dreadnautilius5000’s reply is what I originally thought of in my head.

Back