tModLoader Calamity - Craftable Music Boxes

Sans Me

Terrarian
This is a pretty simple mod that allows the crafting of all Calamity Music Boxes (with the exception of the 'Calamity' and 'Cultist' boxes) with vanilla items. This mod utilises one new item - the Music Box Token BlackToken4.png.
These tokens have a 10% chance (20% in Expert Mode) to drop 1-2 upon killing any Pre-Hardmode Boss, and a 25% chance (40% in Expert Mode) to drop 1-2 tokens upon killing any Hardmode Boss. The Moon Lord will always drop 1-2 tokens in Normal Mode and 2-3 in Expert Mode.

The crafting recipe for each Music Box is different (however all of them require 1 token), and I tried to make it similar to the Boss' summoning item, or at least relevant to the boss in some way. For example, Crabulon's Music Box is exactly the same as his summon item (plus a token), but Providence's Music Box is more linked to her lore than summoning item. Some Boss summoning items do not use any vanilla items at all, so I had to improvise completely to attempt to make a recipe that fits. The same goes for most of the Biome Music Boxes.

Bosses
  • Desert Scourge:
    • 3 Antilion Mandibles + 1 Token.
  • Crabulon:
    • 25 Glowing Mushrooms + 1 Token.
  • The Hive Mind:
    • 10 Rotten Chunks + 1 Token.
  • The Perforators:
    • 10 Vertebrae + 1 Token.
  • The Slime God:
    • 100 Gel + 1 Token.
  • Cryogen:
    • 50 Ice Blocks + 1 Token.
  • Brimstone Elemental:
    • 5 Hellstone Bars + 1 Token.
  • Aquatic Scourge:
    • 3 Shark Fins + 20 Sand + 1 Token.
  • Calamitas:
    • 1 Black Lens + 1 Token.
  • Siren Lure:
    • 5 Starfish + 1 Token.
  • Siren:
    • 5 Coral + 5 Water Leaf + 1 Token.
  • Leviathan:
    • 5 Coral + 5 Water Leaf + 1 Token.
  • Astrum Aureus:
    • 5 Fallen Stars + 1 Token.
  • Astrum Deus:
    • 10 Fallen Stars + 1 Token.
  • Plaguebringer Goliath:
    • 10 Stingers + 1 Token.
  • Ravager:
    • 10 Lihzahrd Brick + 1 Token.
  • Profaned Guardians:
    • 5 Living Fire Blocks + 1 Token.
  • Bumblebirb:
    • 1 Fire Feather + 1 Token.
  • Providence
    • 5 Hallowed Bars + 5 Hellstone Bars + 5 Living Fire + 1 Token.
  • Storm Weaver:
    • 2 Stardust Fragments + 1 Token.
  • Ceaseless Void:
  • Signus:
  • Polterghast:
    • 10 Ectoplasm + 1 Token.
  • Devourer of Gods Phase 1:
    • 3 Vortex Fragments + 3 Stardust Fragments + 1 Token.
  • Devourer of Gods Phase 2:
    • 5 Vortex Fragments + 5 Stardust Fragments + 1 Token.
  • Yharon Pre-Dark Sun:
    • 5 Solar Fragments + 1 Token.
  • Yharon Phase 1:
    • 10 Solar Fragments + 1 Token.
  • Yharon Phase 2:
    • 10 Solar Fragments + 1 Fire Feather + 1 Token.
  • Supreme Calamitas - Grief
    • 1 Luminite + 1 Token.
  • Supreme Calamitas - Lament
    • 1 Luminite + 1 Token.
  • Supreme Calamitas - Epiphany
    • 1 Luminite + 1 Token.
  • Supreme Calamitas - Acceptance
    • 1 Luminite + 1 Token.
Biomes
  • Astral Biome:
    • 1 Music Box (Space) + 1 Token.
  • The Brimstone Crag:
    • 5 Hellstone Bricks + 1 Token.
  • The Sulphurous Sea:
    • 50 Sand + 1 Sulphur Butterfly + 1 Token.
  • Higher Abyss:
    • 50 Sand + 1 Shark Fin + 1 Token.
  • Lower Abyss:
    • 1 Water Bucket + 1 Anchor + 1 Token.
  • The Void:
    • 1 Water Bucket + 1 Shadow Key + 1 Token.
  • The Sunken Sea:
    • 50 Sand + 5 Sapphire + 1 Token.
I'd recommend using the 'Recipe Browser' mod by jopojelly so you can easily find the recipes.
Recipe Browser: tModLoader - Recipe Browser (Can also be found on the Mod Browser.)

And that's it! Be sure to comment and let me know if any of the crafting recipes should be tweaked (I ran out of ideas for some of them lol).

Download:
The most recent version of this mod will always be on the Mod Browser in-game under the same name as this thread (Calamity - Craftable Music Boxes). However, I will try to keep an updated version of the mod as a manual download here:

Manual Download

Last edited:
I do enjoy the mod, I enjoy listening to the calamity music over the vanilla terraria music easily, and props for making most of them easily accessible, and I know it's not exactly my place to ask, but might I ask you consider making the higher abyss theme a tad easier to attain than its counterpart in the lower abyss?

I do enjoy the mod, I enjoy listening to the calamity music over the vanilla terraria music easily, and props for making most of them easily accessible, and I know it's not exactly my place to ask, but might I ask you consider making the higher abyss theme a tad easier to attain than its counterpart in the lower abyss?
Of course! I've just tweaked it now, so if you update your mod you'll find the Higher Abyss Box now costs 50 Sand, 1 Shark Fin and 1 Token, to bring it a little more in line with the "progression" and close to the Sulphourous Seas Box. I'll update the recipe descriptions too. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you, I figured it quite odd to have them be in that way and I really love the higher abyss theme too, so thank you

I love this mod, but I wish it was not necessary to use an accessory slot to listen to a specific song, it would be much better to be able to use the vanity slots instead.

I'm a little late but it doesn't matter XD

Last edited:
why limit yourself to only vanilla items? the mod already requires calamity music which requires calamity so why not use calamity items in the recipies

Back
Top Bottom