Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I have tried everything for this to work, but alas every time i hit the golf ball that i just got, the ball goes flying but my camera stays on the character. I have only once gotten the camera to follow it and that was after i was tabbed out, posted on a comment here in the threads, and then clicked back into game. I did not move, i just tried hitting the ball again and it worked. But as soon as I moved and tried a different position, it stopped following again. I have tried multiplayer vs singleplayer and with and without a tee, and with different clubs but all to no avail. The camera will stutter ever so slightly when i hit the balls if only for a fraction of a frame, before it locks back onto the character. Almost as if it's simultaneously trying to track it and then being cancelled. I have even taken off all equipment and summons and still have the same problem. If anyone knows the answer or can help that would be great.

So, to clarify here, the Camera will follow your Golf Ball unless you make any keyboard/mouse button input, which will cause the camera to return to you.

It sounds as if Terraria is detecting a stray key/button input from one of your devices, and instantly returning as a result.

Interestingly, this is similar to another major issue we are investigating, the infamous "Can't control my character bug", which appears to be caused by an unknown stray input coming from the computer to Terraria.

Its possible they will end up having the same solution, and as we investigate the control issue, hopefully we will find more info to help with related stuff.

Back
Top Bottom