Game Mechanics Can Music Boxes be changed to work in the Social category of the accessory slots?

Silence

Terrarian
I feel like that could benefit us as we wouldn't have to use a space of our actual accessories just to house a music box that plays good music. I would much rather have them placed in the social category of accessories and still be able to function normally, while keeping all the utility items that I want/need.

You only have to equip a music box to record the music.

Once that's done, you can place a recorded music box as a piece of furniture and right-click it to play (or activate with wire).

You only have to equip a music box to record the music.

Once that's done, you can place a recorded music box as a piece of furniture and right-click it to play (or activate with wire).

While that is very much possible, a placed music box only plays music when you are withing the range that you can hear it. The suggestion is trying to improve on its application as an accessory; you can place the music box in your accessory slot at the cost of, well, the accessory slot. Having it apply in an equipment slot or just a social slot can make it a lot easier to listen to your desired music while going an adventure. It can be such a hassle to place them in various farming areas(and record multiple copies as well), and placing them in the accessory slot can harm the effectiveness of your farm, whether it be mobility or overall DPS. This can be easily mended with the use of a dedicated accessory slot; it will allow us to easily use one formerly recorded music box to listen to a desired track on the run without having to use one of our precious accessory slots(which is what the author is suggesting). Hope this can be considered!

Great suggestion. What if I want to fight the moon lord with Plantera music? I would normally have to record a bunch of plantera music boxes in my arena, or take up a valuable accessory slot. This fixes that. No reason this shouldn't exist.

Back
Top Bottom