Console Can we please have an option for the old inventory menu?

Detective Kaito

Terrarian
Ever since the update for PS4 and Xbox One months ago, the inventory menu changed from the one originally made for PS3/360 to the one the PC version of Terraria uses.

I personally find it a pain in the :red: to navigate to crafting and equipment with a controller; it's just not as intuitive and quick as the old one. But what's really annoying here is split-screen. I play split-screen with my sister from time to time, but I just couldn't handle how small everything is in the inventory menu that it made the game almost unplayable for me.

So can we please have an option for the old inventory menu? I know they're trying to make the console versions more compatible with the PC version or whatever, but in my personal opinion, this made the console version worse.

If this is not possible, then I hope they implement cross-play between PS4 and PC soon.

And one more thing (this is just a random suggestion), is it possible for a feature where the PS Vita's remote play feature could be used on PS4 in a similar way with how the Wii U's gamepad is used for split-screen? Like for example 1P plays on the PS Vita while 2P plays on the TV.

Last edited:
hold on here m8 everyone is whining about the interface and that is fine by me but the problem here is the cross play. that :red: won't happen for pretty much forever in a long distant future, "why" you ask yourself "why hate on terraria cross play" it's because there was no plan on this for terraria's 5 or so years of existing for cross play. maybe if the content inconsistency's no longer become a problem PlayStations view on cross platform play will. if PlayStation won't let Minecraft, Rocket league and fortnite have any kind of crossplay with other competitors then terraria won't either no matter what you, the consumers and the other triple A dev's will say they won't change their mind until the lose millions of dollars over their greed.
;) good luck m8 you need it.

hold on here m8 everyone is whining about the interface and that is fine by me but the problem here is the cross play. that :red: won't happen for pretty much forever in a long distant future, "why" you ask yourself "why hate on terraria cross play" it's because there was no plan on this for terraria's 5 or so years of existing for cross play. maybe if the content inconsistency's no longer become a problem PlayStations view on cross platform play will. if PlayStation won't let Minecraft, Rocket league and fortnite have any kind of crossplay with other competitors then terraria won't either no matter what you, the consumers and the other triple A dev's will say they won't change their mind until the lose millions of dollars over their greed.
;) good luck m8 you need it.
I specifically said cross-play between PS4 and PC, which is already a thing in games like Fortnite and Rocket League. Not sure why you brought up other games and consoles.

this is getting old and i really don't want to break forum rules but i am NOT trolling Sony does not want you to crossplay with anyone for the greedy reason of making money. i am not joking i am serious every console based business has :red:ed up something in their life. in the Xbox 360 ere Microsoft did not like crossplay but realized the PR they would get if the were PRO consumer and it worked big time but Sony? let's not dig up a past when we are focusing on the present and the future of games. also Sony will :red: you if you play fortnite on their console by locking your THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT hostage on their platform Epic Games had and has no say on how and why Sony did such a anti consumer thing. i'm sorry, it's not you it's Sony good luck man i hope Sony changes their mind on crossplay with Microsoft and Nintendo barking down Sony's throat to crossplay

-Best Of Luck salad_den

this is getting old and i really don't want to break forum rules but i am NOT trolling Sony does not want you to crossplay with anyone for the greedy reason of making money. i am not joking i am serious every console based business has :red:ed up something in their life. in the Xbox 360 ere Microsoft did not like crossplay but realized the PR they would get if the were PRO consumer and it worked big time but Sony? let's not dig up a past when we are focusing on the present and the future of games. also Sony will :red: you if you play fortnite on their console by locking your THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT hostage on their platform Epic Games had and has no say on how and why Sony did such a anti consumer thing. i'm sorry, it's not you it's Sony good luck man i hope Sony changes their mind on crossplay with Microsoft and Nintendo barking down Sony's throat to crossplay

-Best Of Luck salad_den
Like I said, what does Xbox have to do with this? I AM TALKING ABOUT PS4 AND PC ONLY.

I have had a thunk over this and it's starting to degrade into a flame war of some kind. we have two options. we drop this faster than Hiroshima's and Nagasaki's nukes or we move this to a conversation to prevent this "debate" (if you want to call it that) from turning people away from using the console forum. if you want to move this into a conversation please PM me and if you want to drop this maybe delete the thread and re-do it without the crossplay or just say your done.

Ever since the update for PS4 and Xbox One months ago, the inventory menu changed from the one originally made for PS3/360 to the one the PC version of Terraria uses.

I personally find it a pain in the :red: to navigate to crafting and equipment with a controller; it's just not as intuitive and quick as the old one. But what's really annoying here is split-screen. I play split-screen with my sister from time to time, but I just couldn't handle how small everything is in the inventory menu that it made the game almost unplayable for me.

So can we please have an option for the old inventory menu? I know they're trying to make the console versions more compatible with the PC version or whatever, but in my personal opinion, this made the console version worse.

If this is not possible, then I hope they implement cross-play between PS4 and PC soon.

And one more thing (this is just a random suggestion), is it possible for a feature where the PS Vita's remote play feature could be used on PS4 in a similar way with how the Wii U's gamepad is used for split-screen? Like for example 1P plays on the PS Vita while 2P plays on the TV.
Hi there @Detective Kaito, there are no plans to offer an option for the old inventory menu. Feedback on ideas to tweak the current ui and menus are being received and listened to, but the old ui is not coming back. And right now there isn't the ability to crossplay. I don't know if there will be plans for that in the future or not.

Back
Top Bottom