PS4 Can't assign Npc's to housing or check to see if the house is valid or not

Topaz_bastion

Official Terrarian
I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing seems to happen each time I select the question mark option and nothing happen when I click a house with it, same with npcs

I've tried everything to get it to work and nothing seems to happen each time I select the question mark option and nothing happen when I click a house with it, same with npcs
If you click the Y button to switch to the “world mode” does that help?

I'm on PlayStation but I have tried that, it didn't work
Here’s more details…

On Advanced, at least:
  • Go to inventory
  • Rotate over to the housing section
  • Press the "world" toggle (if you didn't know, you can toggle between the playable world and inventory without closing inventory now) - this is Y on Advanced
  • Put cursor on whatever room, use command (query or assignment)
  • Press the world/inventory toggle to go back to inventory
  • Close inventory.

i'll try that thanks
Great, let me know how it goes. Or if you needed to hit other buttons (on PS4) if you could list them out so that when I see others having the same problem I can give them the info in PS4 terms.

Unit one I’ve tried that but it still hasn’t worked and I’m not sure why. Is there any way that we could get a revert of controls it was so much simpler and user friendly

Unit one I’ve tried that but it still hasn’t worked and I’m not sure why. Is there any way that we could get a revert of controls it was so much simpler and user friendly
See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.

See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.
I bind it and nothing happens and another problem is that when I die my game crashes and I lose progress. It would be much easer to revert controls

I bind it and nothing happens and another problem is that when I die my game crashes and I lose progress. It would be much easer to revert controls
Are you saying that it won’t keep your binding? Are you making sure to hit “Apply” after binding it?

The "Switch to World" update had me fooled for a while. Got that figured out. But now I'm finding on multiplayer (PS4) that my Housing Menu for player 1 now entirely vanishes from the screen when a second player joins.

I had the same problem on PS4 but I did something and it fixed all but question mark by selecting the npc I want to move go to the area I want to move it to and spam random buttons until it works

Back
Top Bottom