Can't cross-play with PS3 and PS4

What about playing PS4 to PS4? I can't seem to even do that. A few friends and i have both tried joining each others' games, and all we get is " Error- Other user has different version." Yet we both bought the PS4 version. I am in the USA and the friends are from the UK.

PS4 to PS4 should really work...we have tried that without a problem, and since they are guaranteed the same version that doesnt even make sense. In related news, we have fixed the issue (we think) and it is going into testing next week.

PS4 to PS4 should really work...we have tried that without a problem, and since they are guaranteed the same version that doesnt even make sense. In related news, we have fixed the issue (we think) and it is going into testing next week.
Ya, I can join a friend in the USA, which is where I am, but I can't join a friend that is in the UK.

Any update please ? Can we have a timeframe for the fix release ?
Please, next time, don't advertise your game on a feature that's not working and is still in "testing" phase one month after release.

It is working fine if you move to Europe :p

All kidding aside, you have to understand that for *ANY* update on a console game, there is at least 3-4 weeks between fixing and releasing if you are lucky, that is simply how long testing and platform certification takes (by Sony, which is outside of our control). The problem is fixed, just waiting on update release.

It is working fine if you move to Europe :p

All kidding aside, you have to understand that for *ANY* update on a console game, there is at least 3-4 weeks between fixing and releasing if you are lucky, that is simply how long testing and platform certification takes (by Sony, which is outside of our control). The problem is fixed, just waiting on update release.

Awesome , great stuff!

is this the same problem as me in the uk trying to play with someone from america, i always get the host is using a different version of terraria message.
are we not allowed to play with people from around the world or is it a bug that needs to be patched?

everyone i meet to play with through twitch, youtube or forums is from america which i can't play with, please fix it...

is this the same problem as me in the uk trying to play with someone from america, i always get the host is using a different version of terraria message.
are we not allowed to play with people from around the world or is it a bug that needs to be patched?

everyone i meet to play with through twitch, youtube or forums is from america which i can't play with, please fix it...
I think that's a similar but separate issue. Not sure though. @MrRudi?

I think this patch will PROBABLY fix this. I am in america and get same exact error message from trying to play with my wife through cross-play on our ps3 and ps4, same with vita as well, trying to connect with my brother through his vita and my ps4. Good luck on this problem , hope this patch helps sort this out for you!

Just to update... My friend and I both installed the patch and tried to invite each other (vice versa). I'm on PS4 and he's on PS3. Neither of us could receive an invite from the other person. So cross play is still not fixed...

Yes, i signed up today to post that something isn't working. My PS3 and PS4 both patched and you can invite from PS4 to PS3 but the invite never shows up. No errors no nothing. Even tried it PS3 to PS4 by adding in the name since the PS3 can't see PS4 users and nothing. Notta.

Edit: Mayhaps one didn't get patched though. PS4 States version 1.01 Says new christmas content so i know it's patched. PS3 states version 1.09. Is that correct version?

Last edited:
Just to update... My friend and I both installed the patch and tried to invite each other (vice versa). I'm on PS4 and he's on PS3. Neither of us could receive an invite from the other person. So cross play is still not fixed...

I also had this problem, but was able to join a game with invite only unchecked, I playing on my ps4 while my wife was on our ps3, we were only able to join each others worlds while that was unchecked.

Hope that this will also work for you if you try it. Enjoi the christmas update!!!!! CHEERS

I also had this problem, but was able to join a game with invite only unchecked, I playing on my ps4 while my wife was on our ps3, we were only able to join each others worlds while that was unchecked.

Hope that this will also work for you if you try it. Enjoi the christmas update!!!!! CHEERS

You my man are a savior. My daughter and i can finally play together. Wish they'd get the invite only fixed though. Don't like randoms. Now if i can figure out where the like button is i am so giving you prop's. Oh there it is....and...BOOM!

Edit: It'sa disgaea 3 thing...the boom....:)

You my man are a savior. My daughter and i can finally play together. Wish they'd get the invite only fixed though. Don't like randoms. Now if i can figure out where the like button is i am so giving you prop's. Oh there it is....and...BOOM!

Edit: It'sa disgaea 3 thing...the boom....:)
I believe they changed the system a long time ago so that only your friends can see your open invitation worlds.
EDIT: Of course friends of your friends who are already in your world may join as well >.>

Back
Top Bottom