Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
index.php

Good Evening everyone!

We hope you are all enjoying a fantastic holiday season so far - and for those Terrarians playing either 1.2 on Mobile (don't worry Amazon and WP fans - yours is coming soon), next gen console Terraria, or our original PS3/360 versions, we hope you have been having a blast with Terraria!

Fresh on the heels of Mobile 1.2 and today's fix for some of the Android issues, we are quite pleased to bring a nice early present to our console fans: a quick update with some fixes, desired features, and a handful of festive goodies sure to keep you warm on even the coldest of days. These should go live within the next few days - with Xbox and PlayStation being first and Vita coming a bit later (but still within a week). If anything happens to delay things, we will let you know.

We look forward to continuing to bring our console users further updates in the months to come.

Without further ado, here is what's heading your way:

PATCHES:
• XB1 zoom in/out functionality added (access from Pause menu using RT / LT)
• PS4 cross-play to PS3 and PS Vita fixed

NEW MECHANICS:
• Christmas presents now stack
• Christmas presents can be placed
• Candy Cane blocks now (auto)stack when obtaining them from a present

NEW ITEMS:
• Christmas Tree + decorations (Santa)
• Tree topper 4 (from presents)
• Wallpaper (painter)
• Vanity items (from presents)
• Pine Tree Block [building block]
• Christmas Pudding [consumable]
• Sugar Cookie [consumable]
• Gingerbread Cookie [consumable]
• Eggnog [consumable]
• Red Ryder [weapon] (also drops musket balls)
• Candy Cane Sword [weapon]
• Candy Cane Pickaxe [tool]
• Candy Cane Hook [item]
• Fruitcake Chakrum [weapon]
• Hand Warmer [accessory]
• Toolbox [accessory]
• Holly [furniture]
• Star Anise [weapon]
• Pine Door [furniture\pine tree block x 6]
• Pine Chair [furniture\pine tree block x 4]
• Pine Table [furniture\pine tree block x 8]
• Dog whistle

Thanks for your support and we want to wish each of you a Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
My game wont open due to An app crash error and i beileave it has something to do with the nxa framework can anyone help

Though I do not possess Terraria on any of my consoles, unless you consider a PC a console..., but I'm glad that they're supporting this. So, yeah, that's nice for the console players.

I missed Frost Moon on the list....are my eyes going bad? :p
I don't think the frost moon made the cut. It makes sense though, the frost moon doesn't actually have anything to do with the Christmas event, it's only Christmas themed. They probably focused on the content that was exclusive to the Christmas holiday so console players wouldn't have to wait another year to enjoy it.

I don't think the frost moon made the cut. It makes sense though, the frost moon doesn't actually have anything to do with the Christmas event, it's only Christmas themed. They probably focused on the content that was exclusive to the Christmas holiday so console players wouldn't have to wait another year to enjoy it.

Since the console/mobile updates tend to parallel the PC updates, and this seems to include all the other 1.2.2 changes, many of us would reasonably assume the Frost Moon would be here too (it probably being the most prominent thing introduced in 1.2.2). Bit of a disappointment if it's not, but it's also kinda nice to get smaller updates more frequently than wait longer for bigger updates.

Last edited:
That was, more or less, what they intimated in the next gen release date post - more frequent, but smaller updates. I was pleasantly surprised they got one in this year when they had said next year.

Early gift indeed.

Hopefully FM next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom