Mobile Cant download after purchase

Salazar

Eye of Cthulhu
I just moved and have no wifi at this house yet. So i decided to buy Terraria for my phone. I bought the full version and after a quick download, the app appears on my list but when i click it, it says to enable wifi or cellular download. I never had this problem with any other apps, no matter the size so is there anything i can do or is this actually a wifi only app...

Edit- im using Android.

Last edited:
I can't say for sure as I'm not an Android user, but I've definitely had full apps and even app updates which refused to download unless I was directly connected to a wifi access point. Doesn't mean I couldn't play them off wifi, but it required it to do the actual download. Never experienced it with Mobile Terraria specifically, but its happened to me on a number of other games before.

I can't say for sure as I'm not an Android user, but I've definitely had full apps and even app updates which refused to download unless I was directly connected to a wifi access point. Doesn't mean I couldn't play them off wifi, but it required it to do the actual download. Never experienced it with Mobile Terraria specifically, but its happened to me on a number of other games before.

...Well thats no help at all.

I guess the smart thing to do here is get a refund.

I know the Android app works with wi-fi turned off - I just tested it. But it was already on my phone from downloading it previously. Perhaps you could try downloading it from a trusted connection at work/school/a friend's house.

At 226 MB it's one of the larger apps on my phone. Maybe there is a protection built in somewhere to prevent you from downloading large apps/files over a metered data connection that might incur a cost you weren't aware of.

The app does need permission to view your wi-fi connections for local co-op.

(As far as I know) The android version of Terraria downloads some extra files after being installed via google play. These files can be quite large, and so there is a setting in android that prevents in-app downloads over mobile data, as it could cause you to reach your cap quite rapidly.
There are a couple solutions to your problem:
- Connect to a WiFi network with internet access and download the update there.
- Find the setting that prevents downloads over mobile data and disable it.

Once the update is done you shouldn't need an internet connection to play again (at least until the next mobile update)

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom