Can't find any titanium/adamantite

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0DXx

Terrarian
It's been a while since I've destroyed the altars, so I don't remember exactly which ore was decided with my world, but I do remember destroying every demon altar I could find (and I still can't find any more right now).

No matter how hard I look, I can't find a single piece of titanium or adamantite. I've used spelunker potions and gone down my hellevator and ran around the underground jungle (interestingly I found no mythril in the jungle) and have not found any of the third tier hardmode ore. I have 168 palladium bars and 31 mythril bars surplus. I can't really progress because I need better equipment to kill mechanical bosses and I can't find a single piece of the next ore up. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time.

With Mythril ranger armour, a Mythril Repeater, a decent arena, potions, Unholy Arrows and other such items, you don't really need Adamantite or Titanium.
But if you really need it, try looking at the lava layer, or just try breaking more demon altars.

Go to the underworld, and look around the roof of it, the place just before the background walls start to show the lava veins. From there, dig a mostly perfect horizontal line to the left and right.

With Mythril ranger armour, a Mythril Repeater, a decent arena, potions, Unholy Arrows and other such items, you don't really need Adamantite or Titanium.
But if you really need it, try looking at the lava layer, or just try breaking more demon altars.

I'm still using the clockwork assault rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the clockwork assault rifle does more damage than the repeaters? Excluding ammo type and modifiers, the mythril repeater does 36 damage with 23 speed. The clockwork does 19 three times, making 57 damage per shot with a speed of 11. Is a lot of that speed actually wasted in the burst fire or something? I've tried looking near the bottom of the lava layer (running along my wall of flesh line)

Maybe I need to look more into potions and arenas.

Go to the underworld, and look around the roof of it, the place just before the background walls start to show the lava veins. From there, dig a mostly perfect horizontal line to the left and right.

I'll try this and see how it goes

As @Freenight said the top of the underworld is the best place to look. I've found that Titanium is much more common in the deepest caves, happy mining.

Sorry for the late reply

I mined a horizontal line just above the hell layer until I got stopped by a lava pool too large, didn't find a single piece of titanium or adamantite...
Spelunker potion active of course

When u see the fire veins keep near it but can go up to 100 blocks above Ive cleared about 900~ ore making Titanium Armor with all 3 head gears working on the achievement.

I had this problem once. I tried everything. My only choice was to make a new world and make it hardmode and transfer the items from there.

I had this problem once. I tried everything. My only choice was to make a new world and make it hardmode and transfer the items from there.
Alright, well good to know that it's possible that it's actually the world's fault and I'm not being some sort of major idiot or something.

when you break a demon altar after getting mythril, what message comes up? oh, and if you ran out of demon altars, you can actually create them by placing corruption seeds nearby a shallow-ish cave with grass in it. the seeds will spread, and if you're lucky, a demon altar will spawn. happened to me once, i didn't destroy it because crafting, and it was close to my house.

Adamantite is a dark red colour on the map
[doublepost=1468973692,1468973631][/doublepost]And Titanium is a navy colour on the map

That's strange. Try to walk around the Underworld or Cavern layer with a spelunker potion on. There should be a lot of it on that layer.

If not, try to get a decent fishing pole and fish up some crates, get enough Adamantite/Titanium ores to craft a forge. This tier isn't that important if you want to fight the Mechanical Bosses. Palladium Armor is a very good choice if you can't get higher tier armor, because the regeneration buff allows you to survive longer than normally.

Maybe you could just get a metal detector and dig a lot of holes that end just before the underworld (dont forget a featherfall potion or something of that effect) watch the info of the metald detector and when it says that it senses titanium\adamantite then go digging and exploring in a wide oval shape until you find the ore (using light particles and the map can help you find it better). If this doesn't work then smash more altars and repeat the process. (This worked for me. . . i have over 300 titanium ore).

Since the original poster hasn't been active in quite a while, I'm going to lock this as Resolved.

Either he figured it out or moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom