Mobile Can't find the angler

Nickro00

Terrarian
So I created a new expanded world and a new character and I can't seem to find the angler. I have been able to find him in normal worlds but not on my expanded one. The odd thing is that despite never finding him, I am still able to catch quest fish. I have tried numerous times to find him and spent too many days at the ocean to count but still no luck. Does anyone know what might be going on or how i can fix it?
Note: I am using amazon 1.2.4. Also here are some pictures of my oceans and a quest fish being caught.
Screenshot_2016-06-24-20-09-34.png

Screenshot_2016-06-24-20-09-59.png

Screenshot_2016-06-24-20-12-21.png

Last edited:
Can you catch any quest fish on the same day? Catfish, starfish harpyfish dirt fish ect ect without passing to the next day?

Also how i tend to find him is go to the center of the world have all npcs near me (on the map screen away from the edges.) Then looking at the edges of the screen there should be a mob dot and it would be way to far to be an actual mob. (Kinda like if you stand at spawn on a new world and map towards the dungeon you'll see a mob dot for curse man) the angler shows as a mob dot until woken.

Best idea i got for you really.

Can you catch any quest fish on the same day? Catfish, starfish harpyfish dirt fish ect ect without passing to the next day?

Also how i tend to find him is go to the center of the world have all npcs near me (on the map screen away from the edges.) Then looking at the edges of the screen there should be a mob dot and it would be way to far to be an actual mob. (Kinda like if you stand at spawn on a new world and map towards the dungeon you'll see a mob dot for curse man) the angler shows as a mob dot until woken.

Best idea i got for you really.

Here is the thing though... I've waited multiple ingame days both at the ocean and with my npcs and yet i still cant find the angler. Im also confused as to how i can catch quest fish seeing as i have never spoken to the angler in my world. No one can seem to explain this issue anywhere.

Here is the thing though... I've waited multiple ingame days both at the ocean and with my npcs and yet i still cant find the angler. Im also confused as to how i can catch quest fish seeing as i have never spoken to the angler in my world. No one can seem to explain this issue anywhere.
I'm not sure why you can't find your Angler. The only thing I can think of is either a) buggy world gen, or b) you talked with him, he died, and he has no house to move into. But I'm not sure.

However, for your second concern, it is entirely possible to get the quest fish without talking to the Angler. Here is more from the Fishing page on the wiki:
Catching a quest fish for the AnglerNPC requires fishing in the proper biome and height for the day's current quest, which can be determined by talking to the Angler. You don't need to speak with him beforehand, nor have even encountered him, but the chances of finding the correct area to fish for a quest are much lower without speaking to him first.

Have you checked what i said about the map? My current device won't screenshot my game for some reason, otherwise I'd show you what to look for.

So Finally just about 5 days ago My angler showed up. I would like to mention it did occur after an update so I have a feeling it was a bug. especially given that I have defeated every boss in the game, most of them twice, except the golem, fished for countless hours, and explored entire segments of the world in their entirety. Oh and also have almost all the most powerful gear in game except the terra blade.
Ironicly though I think I found a bug with fishing... not sure what caused it but i tried teleporting with a magic mirror and it wouldn't let me. it had the number 130 under it so i was extremely confused. nothing made it work until I threw it out of my inventory and picked it back up again. worked fine no number underneath. Then randomly in the middle of a fishing expidition, after having already caught many fish, my fishing rod just disapears into thin air. no trace. I then later grabed my other rod and realized I had 128 bait (this was after fishing a bit) thus meaning when I threw my mirror out, it thought I removed my fishing rod from my inventory but it was just completely buggy. anyways going to see if this is on the bug forums and if not, report it. anyways thanks for the help guys.

That ijs a common item bug, sometimes certain uses will link to items, you can turn a stack of blocks into baits (or uae them as criter spawns) pickaxe and fishing rods are the only otgers i know of

So I created a new expanded world and a new character and I can't seem to find the angler. I have been able to find him in normal worlds but not on my expanded one. The odd thing is that despite never finding him, I am still able to catch quest fish. I have tried numerous times to find him and spent too many days at the ocean to count but still no luck. Does anyone know what might be going on or how i can fix it?
Note: I am using amazon 1.2.4. Also here are some pictures of my oceans and a quest fish being caught.
View attachment 121309
View attachment 121310
View attachment 121311
Good for you that you found your angler.. but i still cant find mine :(

Back
Top Bottom