Resolved Can't seem to catch Fishotron for the fishing quests in getfixedboi seed

ViewAccount

Terrarian
Hello, as the title says, I am not sure if it's RNG based, but I've had this quest 4 times now and I never managed to complete it.

For reference, I am early into the Fishing Quests, so I only got a Mechanical Rod and 100 enchanted crawlers. Max 83 fishing power/min 50 fishing power. I tried 4 full sonar potions in the cavern layer and one sonar potion with one fishing potion in the underworld layer, and never even saw it. I am sure I didn't miss it, I am really focused on this task. I also tried with chum buckets and still got nothing.

I think it may be a bug, but I am not sure. Perhaps it may have something to do with the seed (afterall, I got an ocean crate in a cavern forest in the middle of the map - normal?).
Other quests take me tops 1-2 minutes to catch the quest fish, but Fishotron just won't let me take him in to the fish jail.

Thanks in advance for your help, all the best!

Hello, as the title says, I am not sure if it's RNG based, but I've had this quest 4 times now and I never managed to complete it.

For reference, I am early into the Fishing Quests, so I only got a Mechanical Rod and 100 enchanted crawlers. Max 83 fishing power/min 50 fishing power. I tried 4 full sonar potions in the cavern layer and one sonar potion with one fishing potion in the underworld layer, and never even saw it. I am sure I didn't miss it, I am really focused on this task. I also tried with chum buckets and still got nothing.

I think it may be a bug, but I am not sure. Perhaps it may have something to do with the seed (afterall, I got an ocean crate in a cavern forest in the middle of the map - normal?).
Other quests take me tops 1-2 minutes to catch the quest fish, but Fishotron just won't let me take him in to the fish jail.

Thanks in advance for your help, all the best!
To catch Fishotron on the getfixedboi seed you must be in what that world considers to be the Caverns layer, which is at the depth of what would be the Underground layer in a normal world. Did you try fishing in that layer as well?

To catch Fishotron on the getfixedboi seed you must be in what that world considers to be the Caverns layer, which is at the depth of what would be the Underground layer in a normal world. Did you try fishing in that layer as well?
No I did not, I tried fishing for it in the underworld and the supposedly caverns which perhaps is actually underground, but with surface mobs spawning, yet my fishing biomes I built on the surface work for surface catches. This is really trippy, I will try to fish for it in the underground that actually is caverns. Sorry, thanks, I will try to see if I can catch it.

tried in the underground layer, can't catch it either with 2 sonar potions at 132 fishing power, depth 1076' underground

Same issue here, doing some testing. Fished a good amount of time in the mushroom layer and the pseudo surface biome. I have been able to fish up various cavern fish but never the fishotron. I have a caverns area above the surface biome and was able to fish up the fishotron there. screenshot attached
I was using the fleshcatcher + master bait
I recommend if you struggle to find a spot, go up above the grassy areas and put a fishing pond there.

I would like to put a note in the fishing page on the wiki but I am not well versed in what section this information is best fit

Screenshot 2022-10-27 111426.png
Screenshot 2022-10-27 111410.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom