Mobile Can't seem to get souls of night to drop (Outside of EOW and a jellyfish)

MX998

Terrarian
Yes, I have searched in the underground and caverns within the crimson in hard mode, but I can't seem to find any souls of night. I HAVE found souls of light in the underground hallow though.
I wonder if there was a typo when coding the percentage rate in the mobile version to .02 chance per drop instead of .2, because I managed to get a soul from a jellyfish? (This is the iOS version)

Your bad luck does not mean the code has a typo in it. (It may, but we also don't know the exact drop chance in the mobile version, as the .2 only applies to the PC version.)

Someone created a thread yesterday asking the same thing about Fire Feather's drop chance for PC. The result was the same: You just have bad luck.

Yes, I have searched in the underground and caverns within the crimson in hard mode, but I can't seem to find any souls of night. I HAVE found souls of light in the underground hallow though.
I wonder if there was a typo when coding the percentage rate in the mobile version to .02 chance per drop instead of .2, because I managed to get a soul from a jellyfish? (This is the iOS version)
make a meteor farm.
...oh wait, meteor farms doesn't work anymore in 1.2.
...oh wait, meteor farms stopped working in 1.2.3, not 1.2, so i guess it's still possible on mobile.

1. I thought 1/5 applied to all versions of 1.2.
2. Works fine for me.
3. Couldn't get souls to drop from meteor heads anyway.

We (players/fans) have no way of confirming drop rates for any version other than PC due to lack of available source code. While we can (usually) assume it's the same as PC, we can't confirm it or check for typos.

Ok, I've managed to get a few souls in another world with corruption. There's probably something wrong with the Crimson?
Also, I have yet to find a Floaty Gross.

This actually happened to me as well, i can only find souls of night in a corruption biome (in a different world), and not in the crimson. I have had battle potions equipped to improve spawn rate but still nothing drops it. It may just be bad luck but i dont want to have to run around for hours on end saying i have bad luck if it is actually a bug. Works for corruption fine. Souls of light are fine as well.

Definitely just crim. I'm getting tons of souls over here. And random mechanical items besides the worm. Why me no get worm :p

I'm convinced this is a bug. I have spent hours running around underground crimson with battle potions and water candles for three nights in a row, and not a single soul of night has dropped. I get souls of light easily in my world. Kind of a gamebreaker because this is my first world in hard mode and creating a new world just to find these souls doesnt sound like much fun :/
[DOUBLEPOST=1422415705][/DOUBLEPOST]I've also never seen any floaty gross, for the record..

I'm convinced this is a bug. I have spent hours running around underground crimson with battle potions and water candles for three nights in a row, and not a single soul of night has dropped. I get souls of light easily in my world. Kind of a gamebreaker because this is my first world in hard mode and creating a new world just to find these souls doesnt sound like much fun :/
[DOUBLEPOST=1422415705][/DOUBLEPOST]I've also never seen any floaty gross, for the record..
Glitchy thing about the Crimson is that it doesn't spawn Souls of Night. Try a Corrupt world. Floaty Grosses haven't been spawning for anyone either.

I have also had no luck getting soul of night in the hard mode underground crimson and haven't found floaty gross or corruptors

Back
Top Bottom