Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
If I have two of the same kind of quest fish in a chest, I can shift+click one of them into my inventory, but then I can't shift+click a second one into my inventory.

I know there are some weird restrictions on quest fish so we don't "accidentally" fish up two, but this one doesn't make sense, and I don't think it's been specifically reported yet.

In master mode you can’t put more than one fish in the inventory, although I haven’t experienced the game in journey mode (I don’t think I will)

In master mode you can’t put more than one fish in the inventory, although I haven’t experienced the game in journey mode (I don’t think I will)
Perhaps it's only possible in Journey, maybe? It would make sense because of the duplication mechanic being present.

You can have as many Quest fish in inventory as possible. By design you're not supposed to have more than 1 at a time so this might be one of those turn the blind eye type of things. Because of that I think it may be coded the way it is and not changed intentionally.

Perhaps it's only possible in Journey, maybe? It would make sense because of the duplication mechanic being present.
Quest fish can not be picked up off the ground if one is in your inventory but there is no such restriction for chests. If you want multiples place one in the chest then you can pick up another one. That can then be quick stacked like any other item rinse and repeat. The same largely applies to piggy banks safes and the like as well though I don't know about the void vault or defenders forge as I haven't used them for that. Once in chests or storage you can move them around like any other item irregardless of numbers though they don't stack. It has always worked this way since the quest fish mechanic was added to the game and is why you can stock up on quest fish to turn in the next time he gives you that quest again or to say add a copy to your collection. If the item isn't on the ground it will work like any other item.

Quest fish can not be picked up off the ground if one is in your inventory but there is no such restriction for chests. If you want multiples place one in the chest then you can pick up another one. That can then be quick stacked like any other item rinse and repeat. The same largely applies to piggy banks safes and the like as well though I don't know about the void vault or defenders forge as I haven't used them for that. Once in chests or storage you can move them around like any other item irregardless of numbers though they don't stack. It has always worked this way since the quest fish mechanic was added to the game and is why you can stock up on quest fish to turn in the next time he gives you that quest again or to say add a copy to your collection. If the item isn't on the ground it will work like any other item.
Yes, the thing is complicated when you want to put all quest fish from one full chest to another chest, it simplifies more if the "auto pause" option is off, the chests are close to each other and you put all the fish on the ground nearby of the new chest and then go to the new chest and simply put the fish that go into the inventory, based on a real story :)

Although there are a number of ways to get multiple quest fish into your inventory at once, you're generally not supposed to have more than one. Shift+Click intentionally does not work for this case.

Back
Top Bottom