Weapons & Equip Cataclysm Blade, a Charged Beam Sword

Sigh, another end-game sword. (my first reaction).

Anyone else thinks this looks like a crimson counterpart to the nights edge? Perhaps we can change this to a True Cataclysm Blade, lower the base damage, and add a regular (no projectile) Cataclysm Blade for the pre-hardmode counterpart to the nights edge for crimson worlds. True Cataclysm Blade would also be used to make the terra blade.

I do like the idea of making it available in hell (as it is quite sparse) but it seems too easy to obtain (compared to the influx waver) and it would require zero effect from someone well into hard mode to obtain.

Also we have like, 4 endgame swords (do we really need more?) Making this a crimson weapon would make sense (the projectile even drips blood!) and making it a counter part to the true nights edge would be awesome.
There are countless of other crimson nights edge suggestions, so there doesn't need to be one. Scarecrow wanted this to be a charged weapon, so it is one.

Still this weapon seems pretty easy to obtain for a hard mode end game sword. I suggest to change the source of obtaining this weapon.

Yes but there is no challenge getting it. The other charged weapons are dropped from bosses or events. This one is obtained as soon as you defeat Golem, with a quick scan in hell.

Yes but there is no challenge getting it. The other charged weapons are dropped from bosses or events. This one is obtained as soon as you defeat Golem, with a quick scan in hell.
what if I change it from hell mobs to a special tough enemy for this area?

OP update: added Cataclysm Serpent
Cataclysm Serpant.png

I was thinking of an idea for a sword similar to this one, but what i was thinking was that it acted a bit like the eyes that the true eyes of cthulhu spawn in a circle.

Still pretty awesome tho.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437446371,1437445877][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the fact that its just a "beam" seems... very underwhelming. Something so unique to having a charge should seriosuly have more than just a beam like terra blade and influx weaver

Also the fact that its just a "beam" seems... very underwhelming. Something so unique to having a charge should seriosuly have more than just a beam like terra blade and influx weaver
It's a beam that gains more abilities as you charge it. Though I'm curious to see what you have in mind.

It's a beam that gains more abilities as you charge it. Though I'm curious to see what you have in mind.
Honestly i find it that for the level 3 only thing it gains is wall hack and double damage is underwhelming. 4.5 second for only a double boost is... well underwhelming. But its not just that even if its infinitly piercing and wall hacking i think it could have more.

Aight. Not really gonna make a thread dont wanna anger people

Last edited:

Honestly i find it that for the level 3 only thing it gains is wall hack and double damage is underwhelming. 4.5 second for only a double boost is... well underwhelming. But its not just that even if its infinitly piercing and wall hacking i think it could have more.

What i had in mind was something i was already thinking: Instead of just being a beam, it'd look like the orbs that the true eyes of cthulhu throw at you in an hexagon formation, and well do what the rest said, infinitly piercing, wall hacking, but at the same time being extrmely hard to avoid and actual exploding after 200 blocks or piercing 10 enemies. It deals, again, double the damage the sword would do and the explosion would do the same thing and have a big blast radius.

Altough honestly that was my idea for a sword of my own but i dont really mind posting it here. I'd call it Seventh Heaven simply because im a digimon fanatic.
I hope you realize this sword isn't an end-end game weapon. I think a giant spiky sword beam that is 2 times bigger than the blade itself suffices for this weapon. if it being flashier matters that much, I'll give the lvl 3 beam a pulsing effect and after trail.

also I do mind you posting it here. go make your own thread.

I hope you realize this sword isn't an end-end game weapon. I think a giant spiky sword beam that is 2 times bigger than the blade itself suffices for this weapon. if it being flashier matters that much, I'll give the lvl 3 beam a pulsing effect and after trail.

also I do mind you posting it here. go make your own thread.
Actually... he might have a point. The lvl 3 effect is pretty cool, but I can't see myself using it in combat if I have to spend an entire 4.5 seconds to charge it.

Back
Top Bottom