Other Cautarium

BillyDominatez

Terrarian
"Cautarium has awoken!"

Hello! I will be editing this thread as well as the Rainbow Moon thread often with more sprites! Enjoy!

Warning!:
This post contains pure awesomeness, so be warned!

Introduction:
I enjoy fighting bosses, and by far my favorite is Plantera. I love the difficulty and how you break the bulbs to spawn it. So, I thought of a boss idea, where a dead warlord named Cautarium spawns in a similar way. I really enjoy it and maybe you will too!

Summoning:
After defeating one of any of the three mechanical bosses, a automatic message will pop up saying "The ground rumbles as the dead are reborn"
Afterwards, you can find Fallen Warriors spawning at night, which look similar to a zombie, but with armor and swords.
You will also be able to find a block called "Mound of Cautarium" in cavern layers, which looks like a sword in a mound of dirt.
New Piskel-14.png

It will spawn with clusters of dirt surrounding it, and breaking it will spawn Cautarium.

Cautarium's Stats:

Health - 28000
Damage - 55 (melee), 42 (minion), 50 (ground wave), 61 (sword throw)

The Battle:
During the fight, Cautarium has two phases.

During his first phase, he will appear as a big zombie wearing iron and gold armor, as well as holding a huge great sword. He will have 3 attacks, each occurring randomly:
  • He can summon Fallen Heroes (Boss Minion)
  • He can melee you if he walks into you
  • He can throw his sword, making an easily avoidable projectile, but dealing good damage if it hits you
During his second phase, he gets a new attack, and his look changes from a zombie and parts of him come off to reveal decaying bones.
  • He can now ground slam to create an earth wave that comes at the player quickly.
After he dies, he drops some good loot for you to ponder about

Loot:
He drops some decent loot, which will for sure help you with your journey

• Sanctuary Key (is for another suggestion, so stay put :) )
  • Heavy Greatblade (25% drop chance)
A sword of great power, but wicked evil.
It was Cautarium's weapon of choice, as well as the weapon in the mound of dirt. It can:
  1. Do 55 damage when using it for melee
  2. Will create a zombie skull when you melee an enemy, doing 27 damage if it hits an enemy.
  • Possesed Crossbow (25% drop chance)
A weapon that was possessed and taken to the grave with their creators.
It can:
  1. Turn all arrows it fires into cursed arrows
  2. Does 47 damage (not including cursed effect), and has a 2 second reload time
  • Ground Pound (25%)
A weapon that can make earth waves form
It can:
  1. Make earth waves, dealing 29 damage to nearby enemies
  2. Does a lot of damage with melee, doing a whopping 52 damage
  • Gem of Revival (25%)
A summoner that summons a pet soldier, which will fight for you.
The pet will do 7-10 damage every few seconds

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whew! That's all for now, folks! Have a good night! :D
P.S. Ill be adding more sprites soon, enjoy for now

Last edited:
ok i see where you're trying to go with this, and I like it.
however, please, do not have it be spawned with a plantera's bulb-like feature.. or at least add a different way to summon it, like how the BoC/EoW has the Crimson Hearts/Shadow Orbs and the Bloody Spine/Worm Food...

Back
Top Bottom