NPCs & Enemies Celestial enemies and Moon Lord should drop money

Battle Bee

Terrarian
Seriously, I have no idea why the hardest enemies in the whole game don't drop any coins on death.
I think all Celestial enemies should drop at least 10 silver on death, and the Moon Lord at least 50 gold and the Flying Dutchman too!

Simple, really.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Moon Noob already drop coins? I thought it did, but maybe the coins I find are actually from the enemies that tend to swarm the fight.

Doesn't the Moon Noob already drop coins? I thought it did, but maybe the coins I find are actually from the enemies that tend to swarm the fight.
Nope, he doesn't.
Which is weird because he's the final boss of the whole game.

Nope, he doesn't.
Which is weird because he's the final boss of the whole game.
Yep, that's weird. It should drop money. Maybe a platinum coin or two, to cement his role as the Big Bad?

As commented in another thread, Celestial enemies should also drop something. Items, money, ... whatever. The events are boring without things to collect afterward. :(

I love this idea! Moon Lord should drop 1 platinum, Pillars should drop around 20 gold, and celestial enemies should have actual drops as well. I had a whole list of cool drop ideas but my computer crashed, sorry :p

I agree with the Moon Lord dropping money, but I'm a bit iffy about the Pillars, and the celestial enemies definitely shouldn't drop money. With the Moon Lord being the final boss, money should kind of be an expected reward. As for the Pillars, I'm conflicted because they already drop their respective fragments, which can be sold for gold, but then again, people might want to hold onto the fragments. And in terms of the celestial enemies dropping gold, I say no because the player can just farm the enemies forever and ever and get practically infinite money, due to how frequently the enemies spawn.

I agree with the Moon Lord dropping money, but I'm a bit iffy about the Pillars, and the celestial enemies definitely shouldn't drop money. With the Moon Lord being the final boss, money should kind of be an expected reward. As for the Pillars, I'm conflicted because they already drop their respective fragments, which can be sold for gold, but then again, people might want to hold onto the fragments. And in terms of the celestial enemies dropping gold, I say no because the player can just farm the enemies forever and ever and get practically infinite money, due to how frequently the enemies spawn.
Its already incredibly easy to farm money, I don't see why this shouldn't be added :p As for the pillars, same argument could be made for any boss that drops materials, like the Mech Bosses.

Its already incredibly easy to farm money, I don't see why this shouldn't be added :p As for the pillars, same argument could be made for any boss that drops materials, like the Mech Bosses.

The thing is, it would be even easier with these, because someone could abuse the spawnrates with a water candle and/or battle potion and farm until their inventory is full of platinum. I'm still conflicted with the Pillars.

I think moon lord should drop about 50 gold but anymore is kinda silly. The enemies also shouldn't drop money cause Yes you can farm them forever but if they do they should only drop a little bit. The Pillars I don't consider enemies because they're LITERALLY PILLARS! They give you fragments which are great alone!

The thing is, it would be even easier with these, because someone could abuse the spawnrates with a water candle and/or battle potion and farm until their inventory is full of platinum.
Which I do already with Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses. ^^
Though I'm after keys, dye items and Pirate Maps, not money.

Actually, biome keys may be why the Celestial enemies drop nothing. Like the Meteor Heads in hardmode. Too easy to farm...?

Which I do already with Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses. ^^
Though I'm after keys, dye items and Pirate Maps, not money.

Actually, biome keys may be why the Celestial enemies drop nothing. Like the Meteor Heads in hardmode. Too easy to farm...?
Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses don't last infinitely. The Lunar event is unique in this way that is why It's different in so many other ways

It doesn't matter if the spawns are infinite, you're still fighting incredibly difficult enemies.
Slime and zombie spawns are infinite and can be abused, too, and they are not even that difficult to fight! Wow, talk about overpowered, eh?

Plus the Celestial enemies are at the very end of the game, and by that point you're swimming in cash anyway - you can't even buy anything useful with it except for reforges, solutions, etc.

I like this.
Some of you may argue that you can sell fragments for gold. Sure, but I don't see why this shouldn't drop gold, considering it's also easy to farm Lihzahrds for eclipse pieces which you can use to summon the Solar Eclipse, dropping mobs that drop rare items aplenty. Which you can sell for gold. Whose mobs also drop an obscene amount of gold.

Considering this is the endgame event and it costs approximately on average 30~50 (half a plat) gold coins per Celestial Weapon reforge, and that it may take hundreds of tries doing so to get your best variant, well I guess this should at least be granted. At most maybe each mob dropping 10 silver or 15 on expert, and fluctuating towards lower values on both.

As great as that sounds this would make it too easy for any person to farm unlimited money from a spawn source.
So in other words i disagree

As great as that sounds this would make it too easy for any person to farm unlimited money from a spawn source.
So in other words i disagree
It doesn't matter if the spawns are infinite, you're still fighting incredibly difficult enemies.
Slime and zombie spawns are infinite and can be abused, too, and they are not even that difficult to fight! Wow, talk about overpowered, eh?

Plus the Celestial enemies are at the very end of the game, and by that point you're swimming in cash anyway - you can't even buy anything useful with it except for reforges, solutions, etc.

Money is plentiful, even more so in Expert, frankly if the Moon Lord were to drop an Endless Copper Wallet I wouldn't consider it OP, considering in every playthrough I've had far more money than I could ever need by then.

Then again, I'm also addicted to farms.

People saying that "oh yeah, you could farm them infinatly to roll in money". Just, really? All other bosses and event/invasion enemies drop coins, and many drop rare loot that can be sold for, you guessed it, more money! Any sort of things can be farmed, and many afk at that. So its not OP, and should instantly be added

I've been informed that the Flying Dutchman also does not drop any bling bling.
Red pls. Is 1.3 the Poverty update? Are all of the enemies bankrupt?

Back
Top Bottom