Weapons & Equip Celestial Hooks

Nariofan101

Terrarian
Each new hook costs as much as the respective pillar's wings.

Solar_Hook.png

Solar Chain Grapple: Loud, flashy, fast, dual-hook style. The rattling of fast-moving chains you'll hear will probably get annoying if you didn't like drills. You are invincible, but cannot use items, while being pulled in. Travels 56 blocks.

Vortex_Hook.png

Vortex Hook: When it reaches where the cursor was or the end of its range, it summons a solid block at that position, if nothing was there already, and pulls you towards it. The block disappears when you detach yourself. Has a range of 26 blocks and can have up to three hooks out at once.

Nebula_Hook.png

Nebula Lasso: Can go through one wall if aimed past it and will pull you through it. Has a range of 34 blocks. You can only have one out at a time, and you cannot disengage a grapple for any reason (except death or teleportation) until it's complete.

Stardust_Hook.png

Stardust Tendrils: You throw all five hooks at once and proceed to crawl around Plantera-style. This is much more maneuverable than the UFO mount, and also a little faster. Has a range of 12 blocks to make up for the outrageous free movement.

Lunar_Hook.png

Lunar Hook: Protects you from damage when hooked with a shield similar in appearance to the pillars' shields, absorbing 15% for the first hook and then an additional 7% for each hook after that for a maximum of 36%. Protection only works when the player is not moving. Otherwise unchanged from current ability.

LATEST EDIT: Added mediocre sprites.

Last edited:
Lunar and Nebula are too OP, i mean, you have any idea of how a noclip hook can break the game?

I would probably make some changes to nebula and solar, maybe maing solar able to damage enemies, and nebula able to grab them? Otherwise it seems great.

Solar it's fine
The problem is Lunar and Nebula
Lunar does quite some reduced damage, and i don't think a movement-type item should do this
And Nebula noclips, bloody noclips, i don't think that will work

Although I agree a noclip shouldn't bee a thing I also think the 4 frags need their own hook not just share the lunar hook
You just super necro'd this thread from 2015. Plus, noclip is already a thing with the Rod of Discord; it wouldn't be that OP with the Nebula Lasso.

Back
Top Bottom