Sprites Celestial Minibosses!

What Do you Think About This Suggestion?

• I support it! Great job!

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • I think it needs something (Let me know!)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Not a fan, No support.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yuyutsu

Dungeon Spirit
Hey everybody! Phoenixblade here, back yet again with a suggestion! I've pondered this suggestion for a while, but have never gotten to creating it untli now. I present to you:

kdcROYP.png

Celestial Minibosses
Now, before we begin, you may be wondering, how did I come to this idea? Aren't the Celestial Pillars extremely challenging and difficult already? Well, yes. They're extremely difficult, and my idea isn't meant to increase the Pillars' difficulty, but to spice it up a bit. Especially in Expert Mode, where you slaughter a bunch of the same enemies over and over again. It's fun in the beginning, but gets quite repetitive as time goes on. This suggestion also aims to add more drops for the Celestial Events. That being said, enjoy :D

divider.png
Placement

As mentioned earlier, this suggestion aims to spruce up the Celestial Events. So where will the minibosses appear? They won't just show up randomly. These minibosses are meant to appear as soon as:

- The Pillar's Shield is broken (100 enemy kills in normal mode, 150 in Expert)
- Only one will appear, and other enemies will stop spawning.
- If you leave the pillar area, the miniboss will not tail you, but the same one will appear whenever you re-enter the area.
-
Important: You cannot destroy the Pillar (it will remain at 1 HP and take no damage) until the miniboss has been defeated!

This makes the end of each Pillar far more interesting, as each battle now involves fighting some sort of miniboss in a one on one fight!

Now then, what are the actual minibosses? Well, here they are!

Solar Pillar
Solar COre.png
Imported piskel (38).gif

Solar Core
12000 HP
100/ 140 Damage
KB Resist: 100%
AI: The Solar Core is always rotating. At times, it will stop and rotate extremely quickly in place, releasing six homing, but destroy-able homing fireballs. These fireballs inflict Daybroken on the player! It then makes four huge, fast dashes across the screen at the player, and fires an orange laser from its core similar to that fired by the Moon Lord. When under 5000 HP, the Core will rotate around the player instead of stopping in place to fire fireballs.
Drops:
Corerang.png
- The Corona (33%)

divider.png

Stardust Pillar
Star CELL.png

Star Disruptor
13400 HP
90/ 120 Damage
AI: Pretty much a Star Cell on steroids, the Star Disruptor has bunches of debris surrounding and orbiting it. These debris allow it to occasionally reflect projectiles back at the player. It usually floats around the player, shooting circular, cell like projectiles in straight lines at the player. It then tries to circle around and stay latched on to the player. When under 6000 HP, it spawns actual Star Cells (the enemy) ever 20 or so seconds.
Drops:
Star Staffs.png
Star Cells.png
- Satellite Staff (33%)

divider.png

Nebula Pillar
Nebula Enemy.png

Nebula Amalgamation
9000 HP
(Eyes: 900 HP)
110/ 145 Damage
AI: A mutation of nebulous organs forms this horror. It constantly teleports, and fires noclipping pink lasers at the player from each eye, occasionally firing a larger, blue, homing laser at the player. As each eye is killed, it fires lasers and teleports less and less, until all eyes are destroyed. It then attempts to stay directly on top of the player, charging and inflicting obstructed.
Drops:
Nebula Staff.png
- Perception Scepter (33%)

divider.png

Vortex Pillar
Vortex god.png

Lightning Rider
12000 HP
80/100 Damage
(Lightning - 150 Damage)
AI: An Alien Queen that has been mechanized with cutting edge Vortex Gear, the Lightning Rider can both fly and run very quickly. When on the ground, the Lightning Rider charges at the player extremely quickly, leaving behind a trail of green energy that deals damage. When flying, the Lightning Rider flies parallel to the player, keeping some distance away. It charges up a beam of lightning and fires a lightning arc every 10 seconds. The Lightning Rider also heals 10 HP every 3 seconds.
Drops:
Vortex Blaster.png
- Lightning Harvester (33%)

kdcROYP.png

Drops:

Corerang.png

The Corona
Rarity: Red
130 Melee Damage
23 Use Time
4% Critical Strike Chance
9 Knockback
High Velocity
The Corona is an 'infinite' boomerang that shoots out multiple boomerangs. These dissipate in 7 seconds to prevent easy spam. Upon hitting enemies or tiles, the Corona explodes, inflicting the Daybroken! debuff for 3 seconds.

Star Staffs.png
Star Cells.png

Satellite Staff
104 Summon Damage
35 Use Time
Uses 20 Mana
2 Knockback
The Satellite Staff summons up to two blue Star Cells that orbit and rotate around the player. These cells shoots blue beams of energy at nearby enemies every 3 seconds. To make sure stationary summons aren't overused, a new limit would cap the number of Stationary Summons to 4.

Nebula Staff.png

Perception Scepter
101 Magic Damage
Use Time 23
Uses 17 Mana
6 Velocity
1 Knockback
The Perception Scepter shoots out two fast flying eyes in a straight line. Upon hitting a tile (it pierces infitely), the eyes shatter into 4-6 homing, quickly dissipating lasers (2 seconds).

Vortex Blaster.png

Lightning Harvester
68 Ranged Damage
Use Time 22
Velocity 10
Knockback (Varies)
13% Critical Strike Chance
A ranged alternative to the Charged Blaster Cannon, the Lightning Harvester shoots out a gravity affected vortex globule (similar to the one fired by the Alien Queen) that pierces two times. If held down for 3 seconds, the Lightning Harvester shoots out an infinitely piercing arc of lightning that has a base damage of 120.

divider.png

Thank you for reading my suggestion! What did you think? As usual, thoughts, criticism, and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged! All sprites were by myself. Once again, I hope you enjoyed, and have a great day!

Last edited:
Now, I could say that the pillars are already minibosses, but then again.. they're just pillars. I always thought they were kinda boring. This would add some spice to the events and would make attacking the pillars even more... "interesting." Great job!

I really like this! I feel what would be cool is an item that helps all classes so it's important to kill all of them. And maybe they can run away if you take to long; damaging you so your most likely to die? Great idea though!

The pillar fight is hard enough, especially the stardust one. I would hate to have to deal with these abominations as well. I would die and die and die.

I do like this idea, but I have some suggestions.
These items are great, but the minibosses should only spawn after defeating the invasion/Moon Lord at least once; since it would be too difficult for first-time players. Even then, you'd be getting too much pre-Moon Lord loot, since the normal craftable weapons from the Pillars are definitely strong enough to take down the Moon Lord when used correctly. Additionally, endgame characters with their final armor sets would have a bit more of a challenge when revisiting the Pillars.

Also, the Satellite Staff is great, but why count it as a stationary minion? It stays near you, following you at all times, so I think it should be classified as a standard following minion. There's no real need for a stationary minion cap; especially since non-Summoners and Summoners alike will get to have a flat two Satellites around them at all times. Let's make this minion more rewarding to Summoners, whose point is to specialize in a higher minion cap. That way, Summoners who choose to have 10-11 Satellites surrounding them have to rely on their own weapons to attack from a long distance, or through walls, while the Satellites only fire their beams when an enemy draws too close.

Despite all this, yeah, I like this suggestion. Some really nice ideas here.

Edit: Oh, and another thing. I notice a lot of the minibosses are circular in shape. While I like the idea of a modified Alien Queen, maybe it would fit the theme more if the miniboss was a literal vortex that pulled you closer to it, and fired a barrage of various projectiles in a spiraling pattern.

Last edited:
I do like this idea, but I have some suggestions.
These items are great, but the minibosses should only spawn after defeating the invasion/Moon Lord at least once; since it would be too difficult for first-time players. Even then, you'd be getting too much pre-Moon Lord loot, since the normal craftable weapons from the Pillars are definitely strong enough to take down the Moon Lord when used correctly. Additionally, endgame characters with their final armor sets would have a bit more of a challenge when revisiting the Pillars.

Also, the Satellite Staff is great, but why count it as a stationary minion? It stays near you, following you at all times, so I think it should be classified as a standard following minion. There's no real need for a stationary minion cap; especially since non-Summoners and Summoners alike will get to have a flat two Satellites around them at all times. Let's make this minion more rewarding to Summoners, whose point is to specialize in a higher minion cap. That way, Summoners who choose to have 10-11 Satellites surrounding them have to rely on their own weapons to attack from a long distance, or through walls, while the Satellites only fire their beams when an enemy draws too close.

Despite all this, yeah, I like this suggestion. Some really nice ideas here.

Edit: Oh, and another thing. I notice a lot of the minibosses are circular in shape. While I like the idea of a modified Alien Queen, maybe it would fit the theme more if the miniboss was a literal vortex that pulled you closer to it, and fired a barrage of various projectiles in a spiraling pattern.

This is some great feedback, I'll be sure to adjust the thread accordingly!

The pillars are extremely hard, but I really like these ideas! I really like the Corona being an 'infinite' boomerang, that will be really cool to see in game!

The pillars are extremely hard, but I really like these ideas! I really like the Corona being an 'infinite' boomerang, that will be really cool to see in game!
Glad you like em! I hope to show boomerangs some love!

Will this be in Spirit?
No, but I may code the drops into a separate mod :)

Still haven't gotten around to updating the thread, I've been busy Playing too much Sun and Moon.

What if the minibosses had a small chance (5-10%) of dropping one of their tower's respective armor pieces?

Back
Top Bottom