[Challenge] Rube Goldberg Machines

temery2383

Skeletron Prime
We all know that many of the contraptions that we make on here can be rather impractical in the grand scheme of things. Pointless, even. But regardless, we like them simply for the uniqueness of the ideas. So why not take that concept to a whole new level? Let's make the most impractical, convoluted contraptions we can come up with, just because they're cool!

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it:
Terrarians
Making
Eccentric
Contraptions

Basically, if anyone is unfamiliar with Rube Goldberg machines, they go through a long, complex process to accomplish a simple task - flipping a light switch, shattering a glass pane, popping a balloon, etc. In Terraria, this could look like doing something that would normally require a single wire activation, but with a ridiculous chain of events to get there. I'm interested to see what the people in this group could come up with!

Someone should make a door that leads to some npc that no one cares about but to open that door you need to flip a million switches before a clock circut is finished, otherwise they will have to start again :p

*cough* party girl *cough*
YES! Lol, the one npc nobody cares about but everyone seems to somehow want to see :p
[doublepost=1529934951,1529921294][/doublepost]I know that generally these machines are long and very complex but I decided to make this short little fun one in a spare 5 minutes I had. It's a simple start to one of those machines and great for trolling players on LAN servers.

You run through, you have 8 seconds before the door closes.
random door.gif

If you don't shoot the button that kills the bunny, then you cant reach the door. This pit could be a really deep hole or filled with lava
random door 1.gif

20180625233842_1.jpg

YES! Lol, the one npc nobody cares about but everyone seems to somehow want to see :p
[doublepost=1529934951,1529921294][/doublepost]I know that generally these machines are long and very complex but I decided to make this short little fun one in a spare 5 minutes I had. It's a simple start to one of those machines and great for trolling players on LAN servers.

You run through, you have 8 seconds before the door closes.View attachment 203322
If you don't shoot the button that kills the bunny, then you cant reach the door. This pit could be a really deep hole or filled with lava
View attachment 203323
View attachment 203324
Neat idea! Not really a Rube Goldberg machine, but I like it regardless!

Rube Goldberg machines typically have a single initial input to start everything off, and it's a big domino effect of one component activating the next. If you're not quite sure what I mean, here's an example. Or, if you're more musically inclined, OK Go also made one.

I made a domino chain using skeletons and pressure plates hopefully I can connect this to another machine and another turning it into a rube Goldberg machine

I made a domino chain using skeletons and pressure plates hopefully I can connect this to another machine and another turning it into a rube Goldberg machine
Cool!
[doublepost=1530206936,1530205913][/doublepost]

You run through, you have 8 seconds before the door closes.View attachment 203322
View attachment 203323
View attachment 203324
You know, this actually just gave me a great idea: a time attack sort of map where you trigger the machine at the start and race against time, trying to reach the end of the course before the machine finishes and kills you! You would be running basically alongside the machine, seeing each link in the chain! How cool would that be?!

Capture 2018-06-29 13_30_00.png
Capture 2018-06-29 13_29_33.png

Although I can't show it, due to being a spaz, this mechanism is to determine who can pay attention, because the portal guns shoot for a and keep the portals up for a little while, but turn off due to the actuators. Platinum is the reward for anyone who manages to not be dazzled by the explosives (The stack in the room to the far right is platinum coins).

Back
Top Bottom