Items Challenger's Torch + Torch God Event tweaks

Good idea or Bad idea?

• Bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4PointDragon

Spazmatism
I love the new Torch God mechanic, but i feel like it simply being a 1-time event thing is kinda boring when it could be used for so much more, like a minigame and whatnot. Because of this, i created a concept and makeshift sprite for the "Challenger's Torch":
CTorchItem.png

CTorchPlaced.png

When the Challenger's Torch is placed down and is part of the 100 torches required for the Torch God, it will trigger the Torch God event without checking to see if the player has used the Torch God's Favor.
During a Torch God event with a Challenger's Torch, the Challenger's torch will keep firing fireballs and never go out, only stopping once all other torches are out. Once the event ends, it will burn out. if the torch is reignited via wiring or replaced, the event will trigger again. Nothing will drop from a Torch God's challenge with a Challenger's Torch involved.
The Challenger's Torch is crafted with one of every biome torch and a singular normal torch at a Crystal Ball.

Tweaks to the event:
I feel like you could also implement some extra mechanics into the event, such as:
Certain torches will inflict debuffs if they hit you (Example: Ichor/Cursed torches inflicting Ichor/Cursed Inferno respectively). These torches will not be biome torches, and would serve solely to add extra challenge.
All campfires within the challenger's radius will not give you the campfire buff and will act like a infinite geyser, spewing out a constant stream of flames directly above it (they'd do this because they have torches in their crafting recipe and would benefit the challenger, which the Torch God wouldn't like)

Please, respond honestly and with feedback. any way i can improve my ideas would be great.

Attachments

• CTorchPlaced.png
    CTorchPlaced.png
    612 bytes · Views: 85
In order to encourage further repetitions, there could be some additional rewards, such as a weapon that shoots torches, or a reward in the form of torches.

In order to encourage further repetitions, there could be some additional rewards, such as a weapon that shoots torches, or a reward in the form of torches.
Nah that feels like a little too much, it's already fun as it is so no need to make it more than basically an Easter egg.

i'll be honest, i was tempted to make an accessory that makes held torches shoot fireballs at nearby enemies. but considering this was designed as more of a minigame addition with a small benefit rather than an actual boss, i decided against it.

Back
Top Bottom