Biomes & Nature Chance of Desert or Tundra biomes at spawn point.

Nakano15

Terrarian
Terraria feels very samey at the start because it's mostly always in the forest where you spawn on .
Rarelly, there's a chance that the world generation may cause you to spawn in the crimson or corruption, but
that isn't very great for a start of playthrough.

Would be cool if there was a chance of the player spawning in the Desert or Tundra biomes when they spawn
in the world, like used to happen on earlier versions of the game.

Maybe that will require tunning a bit the mobs and events that comes from such biomes at spawn, if taken into
consideration making those biomes spawn able (mostly taking into consideration the desert).

I don't really think other biomes could have a chance of being spawn able, unless there would be a very rare
chance of the hallow suddenly popping up? (Beside there's no hallowed monster on pre hardmode, or at least
on the surface)

I was going to say what this would be annoying for new players, but I remebered when I started worlds in Tundra Biomes and it was fun.

I support it
I think Desert could be a secret seed like how NotTheBees puts you in the jungle, but a normal tundra spawn is perfectly fine

I remember my first world, back on the 360...
it was the Christmas season, and I got on the game to spawn in the Snow. I thought "fitting" and continued.
I built a tiny little shack out of candy canes, and decided to make another world to see my spawn out of curiosity...
I was spawned half in the ice, and half in the jungle... JUNGLE.
After recollecting that Nostalgia, I must say Snow Biome should be a spawn location, but not desert, here's why.
1. Snow is very similar to forest in a lot of ways. Desert, not so much.
2. Desert(especially underground) is one of the most annoying areas in the entirety of prehardmode, due to it's absurd spawn rates and Sandstorms. tell me, do you want to fight vultures and antlions in the first minute?

to sum it up, I agree with Impostor. keep the desert spawn to the secret seeds

Yeah, that's why I said that some biomes could need some tweaks (the desert being the one that comes to mind).
The vultures and antlions are way too insane, and the sandstorm having its mobs at the spawn point would be literally a
death farm.

But anyways, yeah, desert could be a secret seed instead.

Back
Top Bottom