Items Change to Super Absorbant Sponge and suggestion for Bottomless Water Bucket

Do you like the idea?

• No, (Telling me why is appreciated)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GrampaSwood

Duke Fishron
First change I'd like to get is to spell Absorbant correctly because it's spelled absorbent not absorbant :p
Second: Make it absorb every liquid and maybe store it like it's a bucket and switch to liquids like grand design. If you were to suck up, let's say, 30 blocks of lava and 26 blocks of honey, switching to lava will make it have an "ammo" count showing 30. Switching to honey will make it 26. Make it have a maximum of 999 [liquid].

Also maybe with 99 honey buckets + 99 lava buckets + Bottomless Water Bucket = Bottomless Liquid Bucket. You can make it at an imbueing station or something like that. It's just a little useful thing for making expert mode arenas.

I hope you liked the suggestion if not tell me if you'd like to see a change. Have a nice rest of your day! The buckets are still a W.I.P.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but it certainely shouldn't be 99 buckets of honey/lava. that takes almost 300 iron bars(!) just to place honey everywhere.

Therefore, infinite lava sounds like a dangerous grief tool.

I like the idea, but it certainely shouldn't be 99 buckets of honey/lava. that takes almost 300 iron bars(!) just to place honey everywhere.

Therefore, infinite lava sounds like a dangerous grief tool.
You can ban certain items on servers though. And the amount of buckets is still W.I.P.

I definitely want this in the game. (I've wanted it for awhile.) Either as an "infinite" source or as a stocked source. (Meaning absorb XX liquid tiles to place XX liquid tiles.) Pumping out lava and honey in certain places is very time consuming, and worse is letting it just spill everywhere. (Or alternatively adding water then mining it out.) Either way, I welcome an infinite liquid bucket including lava. As for griefing, lets be honest, pumps and buckets can be just as effective in griefing. This is nothing new.

For crafting, why not focus on iron + infinite water bucket and craft it at a block of the liquid you want an infinite bucket for? So lets say enough iron bars for 15 buckets + infinite water bucket crafted by honey = Infinite honey bucket. I'm not sure what to combine with the sponge for a honey or lava sponge but they should also be crafted at the liquid block.

With that said I think rather than another grand design interface just having an individual item per liquid would be best. I don't say that lightly as I normally favor combining items and would normally not recommend the devs make 2 items when 1 will do the job. However, in this case due to involving liquid, I think it should be different so there are less mistakes. It is not uncommon for me to place the wrong wire while using the grand design which is easily fixed for wire but would be a mess for liquids. So yeah, Infinite Water Bucket, Infinite Lava Bucket and Infinite Honey Bucket as separate items. Same for the three types of sponges. (Besides this is a good use for the ludicrous number of duplicates the average player will get fighting the RNG for fishing rewards. *cough* hint, hint devs.)

I definitely want this in the game. (I've wanted it for awhile.) Either as an "infinite" source or as a stocked source. (Meaning absorb XX liquid tiles to place XX liquid tiles.) Pumping out lava and honey in certain places is very time consuming, and worse is letting it just spill everywhere. (Or alternatively adding water then mining it out.) Either way, I welcome an infinite liquid bucket including lava. As for griefing, lets be honest, pumps and buckets can be just as effective in griefing. This is nothing new.

For crafting, why not focus on iron + infinite water bucket and craft it at a block of the liquid you want an infinite bucket for? So lets say enough iron bars for 15 buckets + infinite water bucket crafted by honey = Infinite honey bucket. I'm not sure what to combine with the sponge for a honey or lava sponge but they should also be crafted at the liquid block.

With that said I think rather than another grand design interface just having an individual item per liquid would be best. I don't say that lightly as I normally favor combining items and would normally not recommend the devs make 2 items when 1 will do the job. However, in this case due to involving liquid, I think it should be different so there are less mistakes. It is not uncommon for me to place the wrong wire while using the grand design which is easily fixed for wire but would be a mess for liquids. So yeah, Infinite Water Bucket, Infinite Lava Bucket and Infinite Honey Bucket as separate items. Same for the three types of sponges. (Besides this is a good use for the ludicrous number of duplicates the average player will get fighting the RNG for fishing rewards. *cough* hint, hint devs.)
Sponge is commonly made of wooden fibers, so I say get a sawmill and make wooden fibers (Or just use wood) and then make a sponge, then at the specific liquid you'd have to craft that specific sponge, then combine all 3 at a tinkerer's workshop and get the super "absorbant" sponge (Previously gotten from the Angler).

Back
Top Bottom