Items Chaos Shards (Item)

Do you think chaos shards should be added?

• Obviously

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably Not

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Never

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Aldenkynan

Skeletron Prime
You should add chaos shards. They will drop 1-3 from Chaos Elementals and will be used to craft the following. Feel free to make any tweaks and/or additons! Please make some of the recipes and/or purposes. I will be changing this according to your comments. The drop rate is 25%.
144222-0c3a289e4917a8dda94f3cf8b253e1a8.jpg
< This is what they look like.

-Chaos Armor
144251-49915b15f29a6b1a01d45735b1a3129c.jpg
(armor set) 68 defense
-Chaos Helmet (head) (increases mana regeneration 25%) 18 defense
-Chaos Chainmail (chest) (increases magic damage by 35%) 27 defense
-Chaos Leggings (legs) (increases drop chance by 5%) 23 defense
-Set Bonus: improves magic damage as you lose mana
-Chaos Necklace
144229-b8946ba28b6ce8d91e66a0c0e7b43d54.jpg
(crafted from chaos shard(s), cross necklace, and soul(s) of light) (accessory) (purpose: gives longer immunity to damage; improves stats as you lose health)
-Chaos Bracelet
144244-970f4d509b53b548bff675dac9b2d5ec.jpg
(crafted from chaos necklace, mana regeneration band, and soul(s) of light) (accessory) (purpose: gives longer immunity to damage; gives 20 max mana and increases mana regeneration; improves stats as you lose health)
-Chaos Bullet / Chaos Arrow (ammo) 10 damage 2% crit chance (drains enemy's stats) (crafted with 70 wooden arrows/70 musket balls + chaos shard = 70×)
-Hot Pink Brick (craft with brick+chaos shard) (utility item)
-Hot Pink Brick Wall (craft with hot pink brick) (utility item)

Make sure to comment new ideas related to this!

Last edited:
Do you have any specific ideas about how these individual items function? Do they have any special behaviour that sets them apart from the other items already in game? That's usually the thing people like (and want to see) in a suggestion. :)

-Chaos Armor (armor set)
-Chaos Helmet (head) (increases mana regeneration)
-Chaos Chainmail (chest) (increases magic damage by 35%)
-Chaos Leggings (legs) (increases drop chance by 5%)
-Set Bonus: Rod of Discord doesn't apply chaos state debuff
-Blade of Power (sword) (applies chaos state debuff)
-Chaos Necklace (crafted from chaos shard(s), cross necklace, and soul(s) of light) (accessory) (purpose: gives longer immunity to damage; improves stats as you lose health)
-Chaos Bracelet (crafted from chaos necklace, mana regeneration band, and soul(s) of light) (accessory) (purpose: gives longer immunity to damage; gives 20 max mana and increase mana regeneration; improves stats as you lose health)
-Riot Drill (drill) ("mines the speed of light"; mines insanely fast)
-Chaotic Chainsaw (chainsaw) (2x wood drop)
-Bow of Discord (bow) (applies chaos state debuff)
-Pickaxe of Despair (pickaxe) (10% chance to drop 2-4x ore)
-War Axe of Light (axe) (shoots a homing orb)
That's way too many items for one material from one specific mob. I'd trim it down to just an accessory(+ a utility item like blocks) to remove the chaos debuff, or keep the armor set. I think we have enough tools filled in by the HM ores, and their bonuses are a bit much, especially when other tools don't give extra drops. Also, the bow is only useful in PvP(which is quickly nullified by the armor) and on the Chaos Elementals themselves(if it even works)? A different bonus would be more to my liking.

Also more specifics. Exact stats and craft requirements for the equipment, and drop rates of the material.

That's way too many items for one material from one specific mob. I'd trim it down to just an accessory(+ a utility item like blocks) to remove the chaos debuff, or keep the armor set. I think we have enough tools filled in by the HM ores, and their bonuses are a bit much, especially when other tools don't give extra drops. Also, the bow is only useful in PvP(which is quickly nullified by the armor) and on the Chaos Elementals themselves(if it even works)? A different bonus would be more to my liking.

Also more specifics. Exact stats and craft requirements for the equipment, and drop rates of the material.

First off, the set bonus, if you read it carefully, works on the rod of discord and ONLY THE ROD OF DISCORD. Second, if you want me to null it down, could you tell me when you want me to null it down. Finally, I take your advice, but could you comment what you like? Actually, I will just null it down now.

First off, the set bonus, if you read it carefully, works on the rod of discord and ONLY THE ROD OF DISCORD.
Where does it say I didn't read that? I suggested an accessory so it will be... less of a hassle. An armor set bonus just for one specific item sounds a bit overkill to me. I suppose there's Space Armor with Space Gun, but the armor is also useful for other magic weapons.

null it down
Mind you, you don't have to take my word for it. Nonetheless, there aren't many items that have as much use as you are giving this one material, and those that do, are related to bosses or locked behind certain tiering.

what you like
You could say your title grabbed my attention. As for your weapons applying chaos debuff, let's face it, it isn't going to be of much against anything, is it? Chaos debuff only works against players, and only those who normally utilize the Rod of Discord. Monsters aren't going to be disadvantaged to get the debuff at all. You need a more... unique effect.

I don't think it should remove the chaos buff altogether, that is what got the rod of discord nerfed the first time, we wouldn't want that happening again. I would suggest maybe a decrease to the time the player has chaos state after using it, maybe half, because no cool down at all is way to powerful.

Back
Top Bottom