Other Child-Friendly Text Setting

What defaults do you want?

• Total voters

noaht2

Terrarian
Idea goes: in Terraria there's a bunch of NPC dialogue and item/mob names that aren't child-friendly, however they aren't important to the game. I propose a setting that would cause the Arms Dealer, Nurse and Truffle to stop having that dialogue and those items/mobs would have changed names. In my opinion, the best defaults would be off for current copies and on for new copies.

Edit:
An example would be "master bait" to "ultimate bait". Other ideas are Mourning Wood, Golden Shower.

Last edited:
If you specifically listed what you found inappropriate it would be very helpful because I currently only have the vaguest sense of what you are referring to. If names upset you it surprises me you haven't brough up the Nymph NPC, which is clearly implied to be a young naked woman.

This question is quite understandable. But I personally don't find the adult jokes in this game too harsh if you don't get the reference anyways, plenty of popular cartoons do that too.

It's kinda just for the fun giggles if you actually get the reference.

I think the innuendo in this game is harmless. Any child old enough to understand will already be actively interested in far nastier things. The young ones will simply ignore anything they don't understand.

If you want to be concerned about something, then consider the violence (even with the no gore setting). I wouldn't let small children play it unless they can grasp the difference between reality and fantasy, and not without parental guidance.

Honestly, I have been playing Terraria for a while now, and hasn't noticed those references for a long tim, up till this year. I don't really think that these do much harm to the game. What I thought you were suggesting was some sort of chat filter for profanity and that stuff, which could be useful. But I don't think we need a setting to change item names.

Why they have adultry? (Golden Shower is an Ichor Shower now!), even the speech in the Blood Moon would be extremely disgusting (on female npcs and few male npcs, but not the Party Girl, Guide,...)

wait, the master bait was an innuendo? I thought it was just unfortunately named.

anyways, any child who needs these innuendos to be censored for them, probably won't even get the joke.

and any child that does understand will know far dirtier stuff.

I'm not a fan changing enemy names,kids won't understand these king of things. Maybe block NPC Dialogues that isn't child friendly.

Back
Top Bottom