Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
The various Soul in a Bottle lanterns have choppy animations, as if a frame is being skipped. As near as I can tell, they’re looping through a cycle of three frames, but I believe there should be four frames.

Thanks for the report! I've checked them out and I agree some Souls in a Bottle don't look right. The Light and Might seem OK, but the others are jumping around. I've forwarded this for further investigation.

Thanks for the report! I've checked them out and I agree some Souls in a Bottle don't look right. The Light and Might seem OK, but the others are jumping around. I've forwarded this for further investigation.
Additionally, every animated placed item seems to have a missing frame.

The various Soul in a Bottle lanterns have choppy animations, as if a frame is being skipped. As near as I can tell, they’re looping through a cycle of three frames, but I believe there should be four frames.
A quick update: an issue with the Souls in a Bottle has been confirmed. Thanks again for the report!

Additionally, every animated placed item seems to have a missing frame.
Can you please provide some examples?

A quick update: an issue with the Souls in a Bottle has been confirmed. Thanks again for the report!

Can you please provide some examples?
Examples include but not limited to torches, sawmills, themed crafting stations (like ice machine), grindstone, etc.

Examples include but not limited to torches, sawmills, themed crafting stations (like ice machine), grindstone, etc.

Oh yea now that you mentioned i looked at the Sawmill and it doesn't loop properly. The saw blade sprite looks as if it stops for split second each loop cycle instead being seamless like before. It does look like its missing some frames. (tested while framerate was still 60 fps)
Wheels on the Meat Grinder are the same. Idk about the Ice Machine tho can't spot any difference.

Anyways yea definitely something is wrong with the animated sprites not just with the soul one.

Myself and some others have checked a number of animated furniture including those mentioned and we did not find any animation problems or missing frames. To be clear, the Souls in a Bottle do have animation problems. Other furniture does not.

Please note that not all furniture items have 4 frames of animation. Some have more and some have less. Another factor that could be affecting animation is your video quality setting. If the quality is less than High (or is set to Auto and the computer is struggling to keep up), then animation may be choppy, which could give the appearance of missing frames of animation.

Myself and some others have checked a number of animated furniture including those mentioned and we did not find any animation problems or missing frames. To be clear, the Souls in a Bottle do have animation problems. Other furniture does not.

Please note that not all furniture items have 4 frames of animation. Some have more and some have less. Another factor that could be affecting animation is your video quality setting. If the quality is less than High (or is set to Auto and the computer is struggling to keep up), then animation may be choppy, which could give the appearance of missing frames of animation.

I have quality on high and the Sawmill blade (and grinder gears) indeed looks a bit weird like its missing some frames or doesn't loop properly. Compared to how it looped before.
Again this in High quality , Color lighting and 60 fps constant (true fullscreen)

EDIT:
It is hard to notice at first tho but someone with good eye for details will spot the difference.
Which doesn't make it a big issue just pointing out that there is something off regardless how minimal of the difference it makes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom