Mobile Cloud saves not syncing across android devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feomathar

Terrarian
Hi!

I have terraria mobile on 2 of my android devices, a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (stock from factory) and also on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (running cyanogenmod 11 build 20140917). I was playing just fine on my tablet for quite a while and then decided I wanted to try it out on my phone, but when I went to find my save on the cloud on my phone, it wasn't there (using the same account). I tried creating a new character on my phone to see if it would sync over to my tablet, but it disappeared from my phone and my table's cloud save character disappeared too. I have been trying to replicate this problem, but have not been successful. I have tried signing in and out multiple times, making sure that I'm using the right Google games account to no avail. I will be getting a new phone next month so maybe that will fix it... but till thne, any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, I have 2 devices 2 LG phones and the cloud save does not work

Hi, I have the same issue with cloud saves. I have Terraria installed on two Android devices, a Nexus 4 phone, and a Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet. I've created a cloud save character and world on my phone. I can see the corresponding files in the Terraria folder in Google Drive and back them up to my PC. However, when I run Terraria on the tablet, it can't see any of the cloud saves, even though I am logged in to the same Google account. Creating cloud saves on the tablet doesn't seem to add any files to Google Drive. Please advise.

---

EDIT: I've found a workaround to get my tablet and phone to sync properly. Here's what I did:
- on the tablet, I went to 'Settings/Apps/Terraria' and chose 'clear data' (I didn't have any characters or worlds I care about on that device, YMMV)
- then I ran the Terraria App and signed into the google account, cloud saves showed up empty
- signed out of the Google account and back in again, now the tablet can see the cloud saves from my phone

This seems to have gotten sync to work across both devices. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem; remember to back up your saves before experimenting :3

Last edited:
I play Terraria on my Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, using the cloud save character as well the cloud save world. I recently upgraded my phone to a Galaxy Alpha and thought I would try to play Terraria on that device as well, with the understanding that my cloud save would enable me to play the same character and world on my phone that I had spent countless hours developing on my tablet. Similar to many other post I have seen installing the game on my phone has removed my CS's from my tablet. Google drive on both devices reflects a recently modified character save and world save, all accounts are the same from Google plus, Google play, Google drive, all google accounts in general, and all have been synced repeatedly without error. Neither device reflects any of my saves.

Is this issue going to be fixed retroactively i.e. will I ever be able to salvage my saves that are currently stuck in google drive limbo.

Quite frankly any response from developers would be most appreciated scouring the internet as well emailing support seems to have resulted in no response at all. Granted I only emailed them yesterday when the problem arose.

I would just like to know if I should start the rebuilding process or there is a God and my saves can be retrieved.

After investigating further, it seems like cloud saves don't sync properly across devices, the way they are currently implemented. Each device only seems to download the cloud save once after a data wipe. After that, all they do is overwrite the cloud save with a local copy. Lame. Dear 505 games, please fix this!

I would just like to know if I should start the rebuilding process or there is a God and my saves can be retrieved.

De7ille, you could try 'clear data' and see if you can get your device to re-download the cloud save. Of course, you'd lose all your local saves that way, so that might not be an option...

I believe I have a decent fix for this. I will write up and confirm (I had to run out to the store Xmas shopping for the kids) later tonight hopefully. Will require that your cs files are still in your drives. ..

I believe I have a decent fix for this. I will write up and confirm (I had to run out to the store Xmas shopping for the kids) later tonight hopefully. Will require that your cs files are still in your drives. ..
Hey, so did your fix work? Despite my best efforts, my cloud saves keep disappearing. That is, they are still in GDrive, but Terraria just doesn't see them. Frustrating as hell.

I'm almost done, working out some bugs but yea it works. I recovered my own saves but the cloud world (players are fine) can be an issue. I will publish soon... took a bit longer than I expected (hallmark of a typical programmer ha!) But I'm hoping to deliver something that meets expectations.

I'm almost done, working out some bugs but yea it works. I recovered my own saves but the cloud world (players are fine) can be an issue. I will publish soon... took a bit longer than I expected (hallmark of a typical programmer ha!) But I'm hoping to deliver something that meets expectations.

Man, if you have any info please share! Some of us are also programmers (>20 years) and I'd be happy to lend my 2 brain cells (including synapse) if it will help resolve this issue. Many hands make light work and all...

I have had the same problem with a corrupted cloud world. I reverted to a working version using the Google Drive history, but the world was no longer recognized by my copy of the game. After clearing the application data, logging out of Google and back in, and rebooting the phone, the world is now showing back up.

Man, if you have any info please share! Some of us are also programmers (>20 years) and I'd be happy to lend my 2 brain cells (including synapse) if it will help resolve this issue. Many hands make light work and all...
Hey man, I've finished a version 1.0 at www.androidterrariabackup.com, send me a pm if you want a copy of the source or want to help out any other way. 9/10ths of it is GUI and error handling.

The same problem occurs for me in this link

This link did not work for me can you do a similar response to the above
Hi there @Ian Young, welcome to the forums. :)

This is a pretty old thread, and it looks like the projects that are linked have been abandoned. Since it’s no longer relevant I’ll close the thread.

If you’re having trouble with Terraria cloud saves using an Android device, you can search the Mobile Technical Support section or post a thread there with as much detail as possible.

The good news is that the mobile version is coming out with an update. In the update you’ll have access to your character and save files using the Files app native to your device. You’ll be able to copy your save files to create backups wherever you’d like. There is no estimated release date for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom