Map-Adventure Commander Keen Ep.1 Marooned on Mars

Hi I'm SchrobZen.
I really love the "Commander Keen" games and I love Terraria... So that's where the idea came from.

This ist a one-by-one (almost :D ) recreation of the popular game from 1990 "Commander Keen Ep.1 - Marooned on Mars" It is a singleplayer Adventur-Map that does a great Job of capturing the charm that the Original game had and still has to this day. I put some time into this so I would really appreciate your feedback about how you liked it, bugs, missfunktions, etc.

You can download it, play it, share it.

http://mods.curse.com/maps/terraria/commander-keen-ep-1

This will be updated immidietly when errors occur.

Have FUN!!!!

SchrobZen [ʃroʊb'zen]

PS: Here are some pictures to get your attention:
Keen_1_title.png

Capture 2016-04-14 19_16_26.png Capture 2016-04-14 19_19_34.png Capture 2016-04-14 19_21_09.png

PS: If I get enough positive feedback and demand for it, I might do Ep.2 some day ;)

Last edited:
Interesting map indeed, loved the Commander Keen series.
My suggestion:
I noticed you used Biome/temple key system for the doors, may I suggest using the new giant gem/gem lock system instead?
Edit: I just realized, that could risk the map breaking, in case of death (gem being dropped and all)

Last edited:
Hey man, good to see you made another map, you did pretty good on this one, I enjoyed playing it. :)
I like the system you did with the items that was pretty neat.

Last edited:
Hey man, good to see you made another map, you did pretty good on this one, I enjoyed playing it. :)
I like the system you did with the items that was pretty neat.
Thanks! Makes me happy that you enjoyed it
[doublepost=1466927779,1466927612][/doublepost]
Interesting map indeed, loved the Commander Keen series.
My suggestion:
I noticed you used Biome/temple key system for the doors, may I suggest using the new giant gem/gem lock system instead?
Edit: I just realized, that could risk the map breaking, in case of death (gem being dropped and all)
I thought about that, too. But thanks for the feedback anyways, I really appreciate the effort :happy:

The level where you're suppose to kill "Vorticon leaders" by dropping silt on top of them, seems to be broken.
Block that drops, blocks the exit way, and the supposed exit way doesn't open.

Also, I think you could have 'Teal Pressure Pad' (triggered by projectiles) at the upper level, which when shot, would trigger dart trap that would shoot those cobwebs out, causing the silt blocks to drop, and open the exit way.

The level where you're suppose to kill "Vorticon leaders" by dropping silt on top of them, seems to be broken.
Block that drops, blocks the exit way, and the supposed exit way doesn't open.

Also, I think you could have 'Teal Pressure Pad' (triggered by projectiles) at the upper level, which when shot, would trigger dart trap that would shoot those cobwebs out, causing the silt blocks to drop, and open the exit way.
Hm I don't quite understand what the Problem is :D can you take a screenshot?

I don't know how many hours you've put into this, but in my opinion it's hours well spent. Amazing work. Well done! :)
I especially love how you stuffed the ending in there too. Awesome.
I also feel like replaying Commander Keen again. Hmm...

I don't know how many hours you've put into this, but in my opinion it's hours well spent. Amazing work. Well done! :)
I especially love how you stuffed the ending in there too. Awesome.
I also feel like replaying Commander Keen again. Hmm...
Thanks for the heartwarming feedback! It's people like you that remind me, why I love creating. Thanks a lot, you made me very happy

Back
Top Bottom