PC Concept: Adding Locations to Cyclic Teleporter network for adventure maps?

Lycos Hayes

The Destroyer
Yet again I'm trying to work out some crazy designs for my Castlevania map.

This time: Adding Teleporters to a network ONLY if they've been used once before.

The network will have Warp Rooms (for wiring's sake, the Warp Rooms will actually be near each other and a "loading room" will teleport them to the appropriate region of the castle)

When the map is loaded brand new, the "Network" will only have two active Warp Rooms.

I'm trying to figure out how to re-route to each new warp room in the proper order when added to the network.

Any ideas on how to program this using Logic gates?

If it's supposed to be cyclic, i.e. each teleporter gets you to the next one, the easiest solution I'd use is to have a teleporter cycle (I'll call it "inner ring") equally long as the number of teleporters in the mutable cycle (outer ring). Then, for each possible location, I'd use a transistor (or, actually, multiple of them) to store whether or not you can go there. When standing on one of the teleporters of the outer ring and trying to teleport to the next one, you'd be teleported to the corresponding inner teleporter. Then the system would always teleport you to the next inner teleporter, try to teleport you to the corresponding outer one if you can go there yet; otherwise to the next inner one and so on and so forth.

If it's supposed to be cyclic, i.e. each teleporter gets you to the next one, the easiest solution I'd use is to have a teleporter cycle (I'll call it "inner ring") equally long as the number of teleporters in the mutable cycle (outer ring). Then, for each possible location, I'd use a transistor (or, actually, multiple of them) to store whether or not you can go there. When standing on one of the teleporters of the outer ring and trying to teleport to the next one, you'd be teleported to the corresponding inner teleporter. Then the system would always teleport you to the next inner teleporter, try to teleport you to the corresponding outer one if you can go there yet; otherwise to the next inner one and so on and so forth.

here is a easy way.

explaination: the dart traps shoots the preshure plate, and the preshure plate destrays it self and activates a and gate, you can now activate the teleporter :)

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 19_01_55.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_01_55.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Capture 2016-05-26 19_02_03.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_02_03.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 81
here is a easy way.

explaination: the dart traps shoots the preshure plate, and the preshure plate destrays it self and activates a and gate, you can now activate the teleporter :)
I don't think the problem here is to implement one-time-use switches, but to insert a teleporter into a closed circle, so that instead of A → B → C → A you can insert any number of additional teleporters: A → B → C → D → E → F → ... → A

I don't think the problem here is to implement one-time-use switches, but to insert a teleporter into a closed circle, so that instead of A → B → C → A you can insert any number of additional teleporters: A → B → C → D → E → F → ... → A

look at the and gate....

it can now be activated with a switch

i think he wants to make a teleporter room (multiple teleporters to multiple worlds/rooms)

i cant youse the teleporter now
113201-4a502d40f38f1a700567653bcb781d39.jpg

i activate the switch (in this example i teleport back)
113202-f1e14ab563b9de2090bf9cad02893a39.jpg
113203-dd651cfae90befba61f3d85fe532cfe0.jpg

now i have acces to the teleporter :)
113204-aafcfa210ae27a1845d546d373bfb2a3.jpg

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_28.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_28.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_40.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_40.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_49.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_49.png
    17 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_52.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_15_52.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
i think he wants to make a teleporter room (multiple teleporters to multiple worlds/rooms)

-snip-
With all the threads about teleporter hubs around here, I doubt Lycos would've had any trouble with that, so I assumed the keyword here to be "cyclic" and thought of a solution to that.

Sorry for not being more clear. What I'm desiring is to replicate the cyclic nature of the Warp Rooms in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Initially there's only two Warps, but you find and add a total of 6 to the network

here's my mock-up of how they would be organized:
Capture%202016-05-26%2013_08_41.png

Each warp room is implementing two teleporters, one inbound, one outbound. and when all six are available, it'd go 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 1...

but initially only has 1 > 4 > 1...

I'm trying to find a way to use the Logic Gates to replicate a structiure similar to some code I know how to impliment in raw code (a whole If-Than-Else structure)

Code:
If "Teleporter 2" = True
 Then "Warp to 2"
Else If "Teleporter 3 = True
 Then "Warp to 3"
Else 
 "Warp to 4"
End

Yeah, what I'm proposing is having two sets of, in this case, six teleporters each, and then basically this:
Code:
Warp to the corresponding inner teleporter
While on the inner ring:
  Warp to the next inner teleporter
  If the corresponding outer teleporter is available, warp to it
End

For the if-then-else construction ingame, I'd use two (or more) transistors with complementary bases. When the condition changes from true to false or vice versa, switch all bases. That way, some of them can only pass if the condition is true, others only if the condition is false.

i made a small example with 3 teleport rooms i 1 circle :) ro make a 2nd teleporter in each room (to teleport back) you have to build a 2nd circuit

you teleport from 1 to 3 to 1 to 3 until you activate the 2 teleporter.
now the order is 1 to 2 to 3 to 1 to 2 to 3

i hope this is what you searched for

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 19_52_56.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_52_56.png
    22 KB · Views: 71
  • Capture 2016-05-26 19_53_00.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 19_53_00.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 85
Yeah, what I'm proposing is having two sets of, in this case, six teleporters each, and then basically this:
Code:
Warp to the corresponding inner teleporter
While on the inner ring:
  Warp to the next inner teleporter
  If the corresponding outer teleporter is available, warp to it
End

For the if-then-else construction ingame, I'd use two (or more) transistors with complementary bases. When the condition changes from true to false or vice versa, switch all bases. That way, some of them can only pass if the condition is true, others only if the condition is false.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by Inner and Outer Ring. There's only supposed to be one Ring. just that different stops get added in. I'm trying to recreate the castle as close as possible, which is why each room has one inbound, one outbound teleporter.

In of 2 is linked to out of 1, in of 3 is linked to out of two, ... in of 1 is linked to out of 6.
In other words:
1 Out > 2 In
2 Out > 3 In
3 Out > 4 In
4 Out > 5 In
5 Out > 6 In
6 Out > 1 In
The left teleporter in each room is the IN and the right teleporter is the OUT for that room.

Also, I'm having a tough time understanding "Transistor"

i made a small example with 3 teleport rooms i 1 circle :) ro make a 2nd teleporter in each room (to teleport back) you have to build a 2nd circuit

you teleport from 1 to 3 to 1 to 3 until you activate the 2 teleporter.
now the order is 1 to 2 to 3 to 1 to 2 to 3

i hope this is what you searched for
it's hard to understand what's going on here.

ahh ok i rebuild it to add in and out teleporters this wont be hard to do :)

EDIT: i buit it left=in right out

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 20_16_08.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 20_16_08.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Capture 2016-05-26 20_16_11.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 20_16_11.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Which teleporters should start out as unlocked? Or should none of them be?

If teleporters one and four start out as unlocked, the problem simplifies a bit -- just need to connect one outbound pad to three inbound pads after it, rather than all six together.

Also, I'm having a tough time understanding "Transistor"
The Transistor, as I linked in my first post up above, is explained here. It's essentially a device where you can toggle whether or not a signal can pass through.

I'd use an inner and outer ring because it would probably reduce the amount of logic required. While it is fully possible to build the logic you described if you're using only six teleport stations, it would be a lot more complicated - my first idea for that would include a total of ~54 logic gates (may be possible to reduce to ~30 if you don't mind smoke), while my other idea (with the inner and outer circle) would require only ~18.

Though, if you're alright with hardcoding 1 and 4 being always unlocked (as Statue of Libroty suggests), you could probably reduce it down even further if using basic logic. I'd always go for the most abstract and expandable solution, but I guess it won't be necessary for an adventure map with specific hard criteria.

Which teleporters should start out as unlocked? Or should none of them be?

If teleporters one and four start out as unlocked, the problem simplifies a bit -- just need to connect one outbound pad to three inbound pads after it, rather than all six together.
By default, only 1 and 4 have connections, and I may have to put in a switch to "Add" the other ones to the network.

The Transistor, as I linked in my first post up above, is explained here. It's essentially a device where you can toggle whether or not a signal can pass through.

I'd use an inner and outer ring because it would probably reduce the amount of logic required. While it is fully possible to build the logic you described if you're using only six teleport stations, it would be a lot more complicated - my first idea for that would include a total of ~54 logic gates (may be possible to reduce to ~30 if you don't mind smoke), while my other idea (with the inner and outer circle) would require only ~18.

Though, if you're alright with hardcoding 1 and 4 being always unlocked (as Statue of Libroty suggests), you could probably reduce it down even further if using basic logic. I'd always go for the most abstract and expandable solution, but I guess it won't be necessary for an adventure map with specific hard criteria.
Due to the way I want the map to function (IE, have it behave identical to the original game) I can't create a two-loop system.

By default, only 1 and 4 have connections, and I may have to put in a switch to "Add" the other ones to the network.

Due to the way I want the map to function (IE, have it behave identical to the original game) I can't create a two-loop system.

i sent you my ip, if you want to test it. if you like it i build it with 6 rooms for you

Okay, using Transistors, thanks to @NiraExecuto, I have more or less figured it out, but I'm still in the testing phase before I build it full scale. Here's my step 1, adding Red Wire to the array:
Capture%202016-05-26%2015_53_30.png

I spaced out the left half to give it a bit more wiring space, as well as moved the Transistors from the Bottom teleporters below them. The number of possible destinations is detailed by how many transistors are activated by the pressure plate. First Destination out will always be blue, then Green, then Yellow, giving us the ability to have the Order of Activation handle the job of which teleporter to go to when multiple Transistors are "true"

Capture%202016-05-26%2016_01_21.png

Blue wire now added in for "Primary Destinations"

Capture%202016-05-26%2016_06_35.png

Green Wires for "Secondary Destinations"

Capture%202016-05-26%2016_10_48.png

Yellow Wires for "Third Destinations"

And now the wiring to activate the switches
Capture%202016-05-26%2016_25_46.png

Red.png

Blue.png

Green.png

Yellow.png

you can youse dart traps with teal preshure pads conected to a actuator (self destroying) to prevent people from activating it 2 times if you youse it you can youse the preshure plates from the teleporters to unlock it instead of the switch

113256-354d9d6b8d2ebc0c1169bfe9d4d06dd8.jpg

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-26 22_15_08.png
    Capture 2016-05-26 22_15_08.png
    5 KB · Views: 65
you can youse dart traps with teal preshure pads conected to a actuator (self destroying) to prevent people from activating it 2 times if you youse it you can youse the preshure plates from the teleporters to unlock it instead of the switch

113256-354d9d6b8d2ebc0c1169bfe9d4d06dd8.jpg
I don't want to leave junk items laying around the map, even if it's beyond the bounds to the players.

Looks pretty good. Have you tested it? It looks like it should work, as long as you don't change the wire colors.

I don't want to leave junk items laying around the map, even if it's beyond the bounds to the players.
You could use an additional transistor per station: Instead of using a switch, hook the teleporter's pressure plate up to a transistor's input (the faulty lamp). The transistor starts out active, but its output is wired up to its base as well as the other transistors' bases (what the switch is currently hooked up to). That way, when a player steps on the pressure plate the first time, that teleporter is integrated into the cycle. The transistor deactivates itself, making sure that the teleporter isn't... extegrated? removed from the cycle again.

Also, I tested my idea (with the two circles), and while it's definitely more complicated, it works like a charm. I might make a new thread for it, or should I just post it here once I made it showcase-ready?

Back
Top Bottom