Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

IMG_3159.JPG

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.

Quality over quantity is a great direction :) I'd rather have an update that is complete than an update that gets complaints to be fixed, not going to lie though i'm dying to play the game!! :p

I have a lot of trust in the team and believe that it's going to be 100% worth the wait! <3

Keep up the great work

Ok.pity this isnt on 3ds cause thats the pkatform i burrently use.also any suggestions as to which platform i should get terraria on.andbshould it be hard ware or software?im lookin for one with many dlc and mod conpatable. Reply asap my frenzz

Ok.pity this isnt on 3ds cause thats the pkatform i burrently use.also any suggestions as to which platform i should get terraria on.andbshould it be hard ware or software?im lookin for one with many dlc and mod conpatable. Reply asap my frenzz
If you are looking for mod compatible, that'd be PC version, although mods aren't officially supported. If you want to look into PC mods, check here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/client-server-mods-tools.116/

PC has the most content currently but we are working on bringing more content to Xbox One, PS4, and mobile. Not sure if it helps your decision, but we plan to keep updating all of them ;) It will also launch on Switch later this year at version 1.3+

If you are looking for mod compatible, that'd be PC version, although mods aren't officially supported. If you want to look into PC mods, check here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/client-server-mods-tools.116/

PC has the most content currently but we are working on bringing more content to Xbox One, PS4, and mobile. Not sure if it helps your decision, but we plan to keep updating all of them ;) It will also launch on Switch later this year at version 1.3+
Oh it helps.but it be awesome if mods were conpatable on 3ds. Ill get pc. Also what about a world that loops?like when you get to the end of the world you see the ocean.what if you could keep going and end up bacl at your house like in the mobile game "The Blockheads"?
[doublepost=1495644951,1495644643][/doublepost]
Greetings, Terrarians!

As you may have seen from Cenx' tweet this week, we have been playtesting the upcoming Console 1.3 update within our team in order to help make this rewrite/update the very best that it can be. (If you missed the image of the team playing, check it out below). We are having a great time and generating tons of feedback for the Pipeworks team.

Clearly, a ton of progress has been made - pretty much everything has been added, etc., though quite a good amount of work remains in squashing bugs, optimizing performance, and addressing the list of feedback that we are giving Pipeworks as a part of our playtesting.

The good part of this is that the game/update will be all the more polished and awesome as a result of this extra work.

The downside is that the team is going to need more time than expected to pull it all together. How long isn't quite clear yet - but both teams feel pretty sure that we are looking at a delay into Q3 in order to do what needs doing. Obviously, that isn't ideal for anyone, but it is what is needed to hit our "quality first" philosophy and to make this update hit its potential.

Hopefully, the delay will not be too long at all, but we wanted to go ahead and fill you guys in on the situation as soon as we knew ourselves.

Thanks for understanding and your support - we will answer any questions that we can of course.
Have you thought about loop worlds?its like if you go to the edge you cant go any further. However a loop world is if you go to the edge ,you can keep going till you get to your house.

With my thoughts on the Thread, it's always good to see a game get delayed to become good, as bugs in poor quality are damaging for the game to play. It's never fun to see delays, but it's part of game development. It's impossible to predict how bugs come up and effect the game.

Oh it helps.but it be awesome if mods were conpatable on 3ds. Ill get pc. Also what about a world that loops?like when you get to the end of the world you see the ocean.what if you could keep going and end up bacl at your house like in the mobile game "The Blockheads"?
[doublepost=1495644951,1495644643][/doublepost]
Have you thought about loop worlds?its like if you go to the edge you cant go any further. However a loop world is if you go to the edge ,you can keep going till you get to your house.

@LLOYD5X

If you desire to make suggestions for the game, you can make Threads in this Forum Section with those ideas:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/player-suggestions.13/

This Thread is not the place to post game Suggestions. It is meant to be about the status of 1.3 for Console. Please ensure your posts are focused on that when posting in this Thread, and ensuring your posts overall are on-topic when posting on Threads.

Delayed updates are fine, it will ensure that there aren't any game breaking bugs when the update releases! I also see you guys included some small 1.3.1+ features, very nice indeed! I do have a few questions regarding the console version, however. First, does this mean the Nintendo Switch version is no longer a 2017 release, since 1.3 is being pushed back? Second, will the Switch version have touch screen support? Finally, what are you guys doing with the console exclusive content, is it being removed, or expanded upon? (Ocram comes to mind, what will happen to him).
Also, I have noticed two small things with the console version that is very nice! You guys seem to have color coded the item names based on their rarity! Very nice! Also, you guys seem to have fixed spelling errors regarding weapons with the prefix 'The.' (The Legendary Axe vs Legendary The Axe) Is there a particular reason these haven't come to PC yet? They seem like very nice QoL additions!
Anyways, I've been rambling on long enough now. Thanks for the update! Can't wait to play the Switch version in the future, and to hear more news about 1.3.6!:)

I guess even with the extended wait it will be worth it for the quality they want to give us for this update. As long as I eventually get the update then I will be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom