Console Console tmodloader please?

Discussion in 'Console General Talk' started by JellyMantis, Nov 14, 2017.

1. JellyMantis

JellyMantis Skeletron Prime

As terraria reaches around the end of it’s cycle, modding has become extremely popular in the community, although many console and mobile players are missing out on these features.

2. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

Unfortunately the console manufacturers (Microsoft and Sony) do not allow modifications on their consoles, so a tModLoader version can not be made for console versions of Terraria.

3. JellyMantis

But what about apple?
    And why they gotta be so cruel?

4. MoeHolyGhost

MoeHolyGhost Terrarian

No tmodloader is a large part of why I'm so pissed that console exclusives are getting axed.

Not only are we not getting 1.3 till next spring at least (prove me wrong), but on top of that, we're also losing stuff that was unique to console.

I wonder if turkor and the rabbit will get the same treatment?

If mods are out of the question then we should at least get some sort of creation mode or maybe a way to customize a fresh world.

5. Nike Leon

Nike Leon Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Because policing mods is a lot of work and Microsoft and Sony hold a lot more responsibility for online interactions than steam does since steam is on a PC that would get online anyway.

6. JellyMantis

oh ok

7. Stanicek3

Stanicek3 Plantera

Bethesda got away with it with Skyrim and Fallout 4.

8. Kazzymodus

Those games have mod support built into the game. tModLoader is a third party application and therefore forbidden.

9. Bakubread

Bakubread Terrarian

what's stopping Terraria from receiving an update that gives it mod support? Other than the developers not wanting to, that is.

MaGicBush and MoeHolyGhost like this.
  10. Kazzymodus

There is a huge difference between 'wanting to' and 'being able to'. Implementing mod support retroactively, together with a platform that manages mod content à la Bethesda does takes a huge amount of labour that Re-Logic simply doesn't have (and if they did, they'd have to pause any and all development on other cool stuff).

11. JellyMantis

STRIKE 2 MICROSOFT, STRIKE 2

12. The Traveler997

The Traveler997 Skeletron Prime

That's just not how any of it works

13. JellyMantis

How what works?

14. CaptJackSutton

CaptJackSutton Terrarian

What was strike 1?

15. JellyMantis

necro, but anyways the refund policy wouldnt let my sister refund a game that didnt work because i spent over 2 hours trying to get it to work