PS4 Conversion corrupted main storage world

I've been struggling with this the past couple hours and am giving up and going to bed for now.

The conversion process of my characters and worlds went fine with no crashing. I'm able to enter some of my worlds on my main character (I haven't had time to test some of them), though every world I enter, I'm a statue for about 10 minutes or so then it wears off and I can move.

However, when I try to enter my main storage world, that I've been building since I got Terraria, and has everything I own (thousands of accrued materials and items) except what I'm wearing, I get a black screen with just the mini-map (which shows my section of the world properly), then the game crashes with the PS4 CE-34878-0 error. I tried repeatedly but it kept crashing.

One of the devs suggested uploading/backing up the system file from saved data management area, deleting the system file, and then starting up the game again. I did that and it kept freezing and saying "corrupted data" but would continue to load after that, though the warning kept occurring over and over again. I finally exited the game and checked the saved data on the PS4 and found a corrupted file. So I deleted it and tried to reload the game. The corrupted data message stopped popping up but I still can't access my main storage world.

I'm out here in dragon armor because I can't change to the beetle armor I made specifically for after this update and stored in a chest in my main world's warehouse.

I'm going to try to delete all the saved data tomorrow and restore it from the thumb drive backup I made before I started world conversion and hope it fixes the issue but I'm posting this here to ask if anyone else is getting corrupted data messages and if you've found a work around. Probably have to wait for a hotfix and hope. Bug was submitted to the devs via their form but this was before the corrupted data thing started happening.

Standard PS4 with 5.03 update, aftermarket 2 TB hard drive I installed about 14 months ago.

I've been struggling with this the past couple hours and am giving up and going to bed for now.

The conversion process of my characters and worlds went fine with no crashing. I'm able to enter some of my worlds on my main character (I haven't had time to test some of them), though every world I enter, I'm a statue for about 10 minutes or so then it wears off and I can move.

However, when I try to enter my main storage world, that I've been building since I got Terraria, and has everything I own (thousands of accrued materials and items) except what I'm wearing, I get a black screen with just the mini-map (which shows my section of the world properly), then the game crashes with the PS4 CE-34878-0 error. I tried repeatedly but it kept crashing.

One of the devs suggested uploading/backing up the system file from saved data management area, deleting the system file, and then starting up the game again. I did that and it kept freezing and saying "corrupted data" but would continue to load after that, though the warning kept occurring over and over again. I finally exited the game and checked the saved data on the PS4 and found a corrupted file. So I deleted it and tried to reload the game. The corrupted data message stopped popping up but I still can't access my main storage world.

I'm out here in dragon armor because I can't change to the beetle armor I made specifically for after this update and stored in a chest in my main world's warehouse.

I'm going to try to delete all the saved data tomorrow and restore it from the thumb drive backup I made before I started world conversion and hope it fixes the issue but I'm posting this here to ask if anyone else is getting corrupted data messages and if you've found a work around. Probably have to wait for a hotfix and hope. Bug was submitted to the devs via their form but this was before the corrupted data thing started happening.

Standard PS4 with 5.03 update, aftermarket 2 TB hard drive I installed about 14 months ago.
Thanks for sharing your info @MajorMalfunction. Hopefully there are others that can chime in and let you know if they've experienced the same issue and have a workaround. It sounds like you've tried what Pipeworks has suggested so far, there may be more info coming as they pin down some issues.

For your problem with spawning as a stone character, one workaround is to take off your armor, and let yourself be killed (by a slime or other enemy).

Thanks for the comment. I'll post here after I try restoring my saves from the thumb drive backup and reconverting them.

Funny thing is no mobs were spawning in that world at all, just squirrels and butterflies. But it did wear off on its own after around 10 minutes so it was kind of funny.

Terraria_20171214215009.jpg
Here is a pic of the error message that kept looping after I deleted the system file, before I deleted the corrupted data. I will be uploading a video of it later today, but the error message was not recorded by the PS4, just the game freezing at the point the message would pop up.
iTx0em

I have managed to upload a video clip of the corrupted data problem but note that the PS4 did not record the error message I posted above (image) itself. But if you watch the video, you'll see it freeze every few seconds and every time it froze the corrupt data error message would happen, I'd click Ok and the game would continue for a few more seconds before freezing & throwing the error again. Note also there are no hostile mobs at all.

Note that this is not my main storage world. I cannot access it at all. this is another world I was able to enter after deleting the system file from saved application data.

Last edited:
I have managed to upload a video clip of the corrupted data problem but note that the PS4 did not record the error message I posted above (image) itself. But if you watch the video, you'll see it freeze every few seconds and every time it froze the corrupt data error message would happen, I'd click Ok and the game would continue for a few more seconds before freezing & throwing the error again. Note also there are no hostile mobs at all.

Note that this is not my main storage world. I cannot access it at all. this is another world I was able to enter after deleting the system file from saved application data.

That's great info. I know that you've already submitted a bug report through their form, but I would suggest sending another one with a link to this so that they can see the video. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Follow up:

I deleted the online storage and the saved data application, all files. Then reinstalled the backup from before conversion to my PS4 from the thumb drive. I started up the game and was able to enter and play in all worlds EXCEPT my main storage world, which is still crashing from black screen with mini-map to blue screen PS4 error code CE-34878-0.

I tried the trick of uploading the system file and deleting it from saved data and then restarting the game after I did this, but it still didn't help, the game crashes out of that world only. Something to do with the number of items in it, I suspect. Plus I will admit that there are duplicated items in that world, I don't know how many. My kid's 11 and lives half time with his dad so misses out on some of my grinding sessions and it was easier to duplicate some of my items for him than to listen to him be sad that he didn't have as good equipment as I had.

I do hope that a hotfix will come for this issue. I will be happy to send my save data to the devs if it would be useful. I'm grateful that they put so much work into getting this update out and I do understand that there will always be bumps and rough spots after a new update, especially one of this magnitude. I still am really disappointed that my entire wealth in this game is inaccessible and I have no real armor to wear because Dragon became vanity only.

Follow up:

I deleted the online storage and the saved data application, all files. Then reinstalled the backup from before conversion to my PS4 from the thumb drive. I started up the game and was able to enter and play in all worlds EXCEPT my main storage world, which is still crashing from black screen with mini-map to blue screen PS4 error code CE-34878-0.

I tried the trick of uploading the system file and deleting it from saved data and then restarting the game after I did this, but it still didn't help, the game crashes out of that world only. Something to do with the number of items in it, I suspect. Plus I will admit that there are duplicated items in that world, I don't know how many. My kid's 11 and lives half time with his dad so misses out on some of my grinding sessions and it was easier to duplicate some of my items for him than to listen to him be sad that he didn't have as good equipment as I had.

I do hope that a hotfix will come for this issue. I will be happy to send my save data to the devs if it would be useful. I'm grateful that they put so much work into getting this update out and I do understand that there will always be bumps and rough spots after a new update, especially one of this magnitude. I still am really disappointed that my entire wealth in this game is inaccessible and I have no real armor to wear because Dragon became vanity only.
Just to make sure since you're getting this error, you have tried the Playstation solution for that error? https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34878-0/

I'm very familiar with this error, it's the general crash error. I've done some of the solutions but am not about to initialize my PS4 as it would take a couple weeks to re-download everything at my slow internet speed. As the game is crashing only on that one world in particular, and I'm not having errors on any other game on my console, I do not believe it is the PS4 system itself that is the issue, but this one world in particular has some combination of factors that is causing it to not be converted properly.

What I am about to do is send the save files to the devs, as I found the page with the instructions. Maybe some good will come of it.

Back
Top Bottom