Blocks & Decoration Craftable Traps and Lihzard Blocks

fpx007

Terrarian
Currently, many traps are not renewable, especially the temple traps. I want to make them craftable so the availability are no longer limited by world generation.
All traps listed here are crafted at a heavy workbench in ecto mist.
50 stone blocks + 6 darts (any) -> 1 dart trap
50 stone blocks + 6 gels + 1 pressure plate (any type activated by players only) -> 1 geyser
50 lihzard blocks + 6 darts (any) -> 1 super dart trap
50 lihzard blocks + 6 spiky balls -> 1 spiky ball trap
50 lihzard blocks + 6 gels -> 1 flame trap
50 lihzard blocks + 1 spear weapon (any) -> 1 spear trap
NOTE: Darts (any) means any ammo (exclude seeds, of course) that can be fired by dart rifles/pistols. Spear weapon (any) means any melee weapon that works like a spear. It is not limited to the "spear" itself, i.e. a trident, a sword fish, or even a north pole counts.
Since the temple traps require lihzard blocks, they are still post-golem.

Besides, currently lihzard blocks are still not renewable. (I noticed that dungeon bricks are craftable in the coming patch, but still find no information about lihzard blocks) So I also propose a recipe for them here:
1 beetle husk (makes the recipe post-golem!) + 1 solar tablet fragment + 10 stone blocks -> 10 lihzard blocks. Crafted at a lihzard furnace.

I do like this idea. Traps being non-renewable has always bothered me. It rarely impacts my gameplay, but still. I also like craftable Lihzahrd Bricks, although I think we can remove the Solar Tablet Fragment from the recipe and maybe up it to 25 stone? That way you need to fight Golem fewer times.

6 darts/gel/spiky balls is way too small. 200 of each would be better, considering how easy they are to obtain a lot of
Sorry, I don't think that should be so expensive. The cost is based on that of most utility statues. After all, you can't retrive the used material after crafting just like you can't catch statue-spawned critters.

1 beetle husk (makes the recipe post-golem!)
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. You won't be able to break any of the Lihzahrd blocks until you've beaten Golem anyways, though even then, you're not guaranteed to get the picksaw from golem every time. On the other hand, the next tier of tools isn't obtainable until post-Moon Lord....

Back
Top Bottom